RLS IC
MP62 max boost 9.3 psi with 2.9" pully
91 oct pump gas
EFi ECU
Weapon R header
8" Larini muffler
550 injectors
BOE fuel system

My AFRs are still too rich at 11:1 peak, need to work on that, I'm sure there is more power, but I'm very happy with the torque (if it's accurate) considering my level of boost and 91 oct.

On a side note: it was continuing to make power even at rev limiter 8400 spark 8500 fuel.

Rob

Attachments

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
awesome torque for the pulley size - the head really works!

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But if you look at the chart my TQ doesn't make sense -- so not sure exactly what is going on there, will have to call ProStreet back and see, think they just screwed it up. Don't know why they show speed and not rpm? The 198 TQ looks like a shut down spike to me.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
oh yeah I didn't even bother to look closely, either way...that's 160ft/lbs, you have power on the table too with a/f and I bet timing as well, still that's a fast car - glad you are back in business

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah looking at another run printout and it shows 164 TQ. Yeah 11.1 is tooo wet for 9:1 Mahle's at that boost. But it's a good baseline to work from.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I hate when they scale the graphs like that and ya the is just a shut down spike. those numbers didn't make sense. 250/160 does though.

·
purveyor of lightness
4,169 Posts
Rob,

Graph looks nice and flat across the range!

My $0.02 though...

1) The x-axis really needs to have engine rpm on it for a apples-to-apples comparison
2) There's a torque spike at the end of the run - right around 111.5 mph.

I'm guessing that actual torque is peaking at 88 mph, around 164 lb-ft's. It's difficult to know what engine rpm that actually is though.

Did you get the actual .DRF file - or just have the printout? If not can they email it to you?

Highly recommended!

Hope this helps!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
it's easy to change the units. On the axis, you can click on SPEED and RPM (or Engine speed) will show among others. Take a flash drive with you to the shop and save the DRF files. Go to dynojet's website and download the software and install on your PC. Now you can view, mess around all you want. :D

The torque is awesome. pretty flat.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll call them tomorrow or Monday for the file, seem like nice guys so I'm sure they'll send it to me.

I was data logging with both my EFi and RacePak so I've got plenty of stuff to go over and come up with a better tune -- immediately I can see Lambda Corrections are pegging at -25% (pulling as much fuel as possible with the limits I set) so I need to get those under control. Once I get the fuel squared away, I'll work on timing. Once that is all good, then I'll start working with cam positions (and revisit fuel/timing) and see how I might be able to tune that. At my boost levels, pretty sure I can add a little more timing.

When I get a good 91 oct map sorted, then I'll move onto seeing what I do with 100 octane.

The car made about what I expected it to make. Wonder how much more HP is above 8400???

Car drives great in terms of daily driver stop and go.

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Kris,

Yeah, I've been adjusting the Lambda SetPoints and fuel maps -- getting much closer to my target. Still have a 5300 rpm / 46.3 Hg 12.5 spike that I'm working on now. Trying to keep from getting high Lambda corrections was pegging at -25 before, now I'm a more sane -6.

I'll call you tomorrow AM. I have some questions if you have time.

Thanks, Rob.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
robains,
where did you get 198tq from? The graph shows about 160s. :confused:

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
my bad...

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
;) -- in my dreams!

I'm sorting out my maps as we speak, getting pretty close to perfect so I'll head out to the dyno again soon and see if my tuning work has paid off.

Rob

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope, and I probably will not -- would have to save up for a new tranny and axles and clutch before I do that. :)

I figure a 12.2 with 247 wHP on Engine #1, so I should be about the same now on Engine #3 -- maybe a little faster that I've dropped about 60 lbs out of the car since then.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey, robains,

If you do not have an intercooler, I would suggest that you do not go to a 12:1 A/F ratio and stick to the 11:1. Maybe go to high 11 but do not go to 12:1 or above since temperatures rise quite high.

I do not also know if you could also play with injection advance since low compression has less detonation.

·
Premium Member
3,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Engine #3 Update:

Just ran a compression test, all lookin' good

190 - 185 - 180 - 190

I still need to do some tuning, got more black smoke (aka too much fuel) on lower rpm range accel -- need to work on Accel parameters and pull some fuel in those load sites.

Goat, 12.0 AFR is ok on lower compression pistons (9:1) at my boost level (only 9 psi post IC).

Rob

1 - 20 of 21 Posts