The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuilt the motor and upon inspection of my SC I noticed a tiny chunk out of a blade and some little scratches on the edge. When I spin the blades there is no metallic noise or anything. I'm just worried about pieces getting into my motor if this thing is damaged. Is it possible to get new blades? If so what's the cost... Or is there nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was the bottom end of my motor that went. Looking at other pictures of MP62's they all seem to have those markings on the blade ends. It's that tiny chip that worries me, maybe it's nothing. Everything seems to spin fine.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Honestly your rotors look to be in decent shape. From the looks of them the blower has about 20k miles on it, but the wear of the rotors depends on how abused the blower is [as in overrevving and high PRs], air filter effectiveness and PCV/Evap junk going through the rotors. The M45 blower rotors on the 1st gen MINI Cooper S's look horrible after about 50k miles, as those blowers spin much faster and operate at much higher pressures than the Lotus application.

As long as the rotors spin freely and you don't have any significant chunks out of them you're OK.

Cheers,
Ryan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts