The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
677 Posts
ChromeO said:
any thoughts on how would this work out on the elise ???

NOS Kit
You are probably going to be flamed, so I will try to give you a solid answer before this thread goes downhill.

The NOSzle kit should fit and be able to run a 50HP shot without issue, but the in-tank fuel pump will probably need to be upgraded or augmented.

There are a couple reasons the NOSzle kit is a poor choice for the Lotus Elise:

(1) Once the kit is armed it only has one activation setting, WOT. Even if the system where paired with a progressive controller like the Nitrous Express Maximizer, the power would still be somewhat off/on in nature and would only be useful while you are driving in a straight line.

(2) The cost of the NOSzle kit is high in comparison to the performance benefits. The drivetrain and engine are not built to take advantage of the huge straight line performance increases possible with NOS.

In my opinion, a low boost turbo or supercharger system (5 to 6 PSI) would be a better alternative and would provide useful performance increases over a wider range of driving situations.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
ur right aletes, but thats why the mod u mentioned is several thousand dollars, his noz kit is several hundred...
dude, if thats what ya want, go for it.
find a place that knows what theyre doing...nos kits are very finnicky and the fastest way to blow a motor if ur tuning isnt spot on....
most of those kits u can set the position of when the nos kicks in...but it is always an "on-off" switch.

·
Registered
677 Posts
evomind said:
ur right aletes, but thats why the mod u mentioned is several thousand dollars, his noz kit is several hundred...
Why spend $40 - $50 thousand on an Elise and go cheap on the design of a FI system. The end result of NOS on an Elise would be interesting for a little while, but I bet that the kit would end up on eBay (after running through a set of expensive tires).

If I remember correctly, the universal NOSzle system costs about $900 for a 4 cylinder kit. If you add in a progressive controller, a remote bottle opener, and bottle heater, the cost would be about $1700 retail.

Cost of system - Not including installation or tuning:

$900 to $1700

Basically, if you are going to go the least expensive FI route, why pay top dollar. There are far cheaper NOS options available that will result in similar performance. That said, I think the NOSzle kit is engineered well. It would be a shame to put it on the Elise when you wouldn't be able to take full advantage of the system.

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
im not disagreeing with u, but its his car...
nos works very, very, well for doing what its designed to do..
1700 bucks is VERY expensive for a nos kit.
hey, if ur worried about wearing through ur tires, ur in the wrong business...:)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It just seems like with a little more hp for the straight stuff that nothing out there could keep up with this car ?????

·
Registered
7,710 Posts
chromeo, nitrous works very well for what its intended to do, so if u want more straight line power, nos may be for u.
i suggest u get with a reputable shop that specializes in 4 cylinder engine work/mods, and let them suggest a nos system they are familiar with...
its been done before with this motor...no sense hacking a new path...let the shop pick what they know works best as far as which system.
let me know how those half shafts hold up..:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts