The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to pass the word that they have picked MSR. It's unsure if they will run the 3.1CCW though. If we can get the numbers they will run it again since it costs more to run that long of a track.

So anyone with me for signing up? I'd love the chance to run 3.1 again.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Honestly I would prefer to run the 1.7 in either direction. Still think I need some work before hitting the 3.1 again. If they run the 1.7 Ill probably go.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I'm in. Personally, I prefer the 3.1 to the 1.7. Maybe this time I'll try to avoid going straight off in turn 10 again. And again. And again. Ditching the Porterfield R4-S's for Pagid Blues might help that. Oh, yeah - and smarter braking.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I already signed up, but then again I'm not all uber stunt driver like some people. :D Us green/blue got to sign up early.

Trying to talk Nazeer into joining us Chili, not sure why none of the 300zx guys are ever out there...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I'm in. Personally, I prefer the 3.1 to the 1.7. Maybe this time I'll try to avoid going straight off in turn 10 again. And again. And again. Ditching the Porterfield R4-S's for Pagid Blues might help that. Oh, yeah - and smarter braking.
I did the exact same thing last time as well. Xtn was on my butt and I was watching my mirrors instead of turn 10 coming up. Decided it would be better to just drive off straight instead of hitting the grass backwards.. :D

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
I did the exact same thing last time as well. Xtn was on my butt and I was watching my mirrors instead of turn 10 coming up. Decided it would be better to just drive off straight instead of hitting the grass backwards.. :D
I hope nobody reads that the wrong way....

Anyway I spent the weekend installing new pads/rotors/studs. Realized my RA1 tires are probably going to their last event this coming Saturday. I'll have to see how soon I can get replacements.

xtn

·
Registered
460 Posts
Blue and yellow flag for me.

I'll have to wave the pass flag on this one. :(

I am thinking about going to the Driveway on Aug 30th to catch Lance teaching the Intro class. It'll be the last class for a while and I liked the way Lance instructed at H2R.

Sep. is a total wash so my next TDE event will be TWS in October.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I traded e-mails with Rick at TDE. As of yesterday, they hadn't decided whether to go with the 1.7 or 3.1. They're still waiting to see how many folks register. So, if you want the 3.1, register soon if you haven't already.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
I traded e-mails with Rick at TDE. As of yesterday, they hadn't decided whether to go with the 1.7 or 3.1. They're still waiting to see how many folks register. So, if you want the 3.1, register soon if you haven't already.
I want the 1.7 so Ill wait to register.. :)

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
technically you are running the 1.7 as well. :D

Not sure why, but other than going into the 1.3 from rattlesnake I felt more comfortable on the 1.3 side the first time I was out there compared to the 1.7 side.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
3.1 is WAY better than the 1.7. WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better.

Is it because you got to ride into the wall while driving the 3.1 that you don't like it?

I'm probably in for whichever track they end up running.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
3.1 is WAY better than the 1.7. WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY better.

Is it because you got to ride into the wall while driving the 3.1 that you don't like it?

I'm probably in for whichever track they end up running.
I think the 3.1 is fun, it just takes a quite a bit longer to get the track down and become fast. To be honest I would rather run the 1.3 side by itself and then follow up with the 3.1...

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
There is no need to be fast. Why bother being fast? Just have fun.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
There is no need to be fast. Why bother being fast? Just have fun.
Its more fun when your fast.. :)

Seriously, it just takes a long time to learn that track since you only get 5-7 laps per session. Honestly Ill probably run regardless, but I think Ill wait until later to register in hopes Ill get to run the smaller track.. :D

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm gonna call Rick and tell him to just count on you so we get our 3.1 numbers. :)

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
Seriously, it just takes a long time to learn that track since you only get 5-7 laps per session.
Uh... the fast people get more laps in. -poke-

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Nice. Maybe this go round on my 6th session when the instructor asks me which corner is coming up next I won't have to answer "no f***ing clue, I'll tell ya when i get there." :D

1 - 20 of 72 Posts