The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are only a few times a year that you can run MSR Houston and this is one of them. I defiantly recommend this for the Houston folks since its the closest track to us. The SVT Cobra Club runs this event yearly and have been doing so for quite some time so they are very well organized and things run smoothly.

I am already registered and looking forward to this. It is quite fun.

All information can be found at this link:
SCMC Message Forum - SCMC - South Central Region OnTrack @ MSR Houston, Nov 8-9, 2008! Info & Registration

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think you should hold out and run it October 18-19. It will be way more fun
The 24 Hours of LeMons: Texas
I would love to run 24 hours of lemons, but dont have a team to run with. I toyed with putting a team together, but could never get enough people interested.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here is some video of a Spec Miata running some pretty quick laps. Dont have any video of a Lotus running. I hear a normal Elise can run around 1:52 second laps and a Exige S should be able to break into the high 1:40's. Ive run this track twice, the first time being my first time on track. The second time was my 3rd time on track and my best was a 1:56. Hoping to do a 1:52 or better this year.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ozDZtMEA13M&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ozDZtMEA13M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Depending on schedules and such, I'll probably end up running this.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depending on schedules and such, I'll probably end up running this.
Have you run MSR Houston before? If so what kind of times were you putting down?

BTW, will be great to have you out there..

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
No idea on times, it was a long time ago ('06).

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No idea on times, it was a long time ago ('06).
Track has changed quite a bit since 2006, I think you will like it better in its current configuration. Im betting you will hit at least a 1:52 if not better.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here is the Hotel info for the out of towners. Even though Im in town I will probably stay at the hotel...

Springhill Suites by Marriott in Pearland
1820 Country Place Parkway
Pearland, Texas 77584 USA
Phone: 1-713-436-7377

Group Code "SVTSVTK"

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
We are getting pretty close to this event and I have not seen anyone sign up yet.. :( This is going to be a fun event so you need to get in on this one..

The hotel listed above is closed due to the hurricane damage, but I have found another hotel that is open.

Best Western Angleton Inn
1809 N Velasco St
Angleton, TX 77515
(979)849-5822

I would get your hotel reservations as soon as possible as there may not be a whole lot of rooms available in the area.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW, make sure you get your registration in by October 25th, there is a $25 late fee if you register after that.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
If your going to sign up for this event you better do it soon or they have a late registration charge of $25.

·
Registered
804 Posts
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/379312-post28.html
Way back when I posted this, I was running sorry arse A048s:wallbang:. I am sure running 1:50 flat is a good target. IIRC, I remember talking with Jefferson about being in the mid 1:40s with BADARAONES and more ballz-eek-... If I ever make it back down there again, I'd like to see if I'm not full of sh!t:rolleyes:...

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/379312-post28.html
Way back when I posted this, I was running sorry arse A048s:wallbang:. I am sure running 1:50 flat is a good target. IIRC, I remember talking with Jefferson about being in the mid 1:40s with BADARAONES and more ballz-eek-... If I ever make it back down there again, I'd like to see if I'm not full of sh!t:rolleyes:...
Why dont you make it down for this event? If you like I can talk to the guys who run the track a try and get you on as an instructor. I know the guys running the show really well.

·
Registered
2,202 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I see Alex registered for the event.. :)

·
Registered
804 Posts
Why dont you make it down for this event? If you like I can talk to the guys who run the track a try and get you on as an instructor. I know the guys running the show really well.
I'm already commited to a Nov 1 event and MSR Houston is so far away:(. Have fun at the event:)...

·
Registered
460 Posts
BTW, make sure you get your registration in by October 25th, there is a $25 late fee if you register after that.
Sorry Chili, but I'm out on this one.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts