The Lotus Cars Community banner

161 - 180 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Since the hatch has a removal glass piece, we can make different cutouts in the glass or make a new cover piece altogether. It will be nice to see what mods can be done.

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
not sure if I'm gonna be here this weekend. But can stop by anytime during the week. I work and live in Sunnyvale.

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #169
Not bad. With the glass it'll probably get close to OEM weight which is ~20 lbs. Hopefully a little lighter

Pics?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Not bad. With the glass it'll probably get close to OEM weight which is ~20 lbs. Hopefully a little lighter

Pics?

The "glass" is polycarb so it weights something around 3lbs. You are look around 9-11 lbs total I am guessing.

No pretty pictures to post, just a dusty sample no one wants to see :p

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Discussion Starter #173
Still in for pics! Glad to see this project chugging along either way and happy that I shed light on the market for this kind of hatch design. There still seems to be steady interest!

Is a carbon fiber one indefinitely out of the question at the moment?

·
shay2nak
24,910 Posts
I was just thinking that it might look even better if the window was tinted like 50% or even 35%. Especially with a black or grey car.

·
Registered
195 Posts
First raw fit. The glass was taped on for the test and the latch was not installed.

Big thanks to IamBatman for taking the time to help as always. :clap:

161 - 180 of 226 Posts