The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just want to share some (a bunch of) photos with you guys.

So, I decided at the last minutes last Saturday to check out the Long Beach 2nd Annual Wekfest, a few minutes from home - basically an import tuners car show. It was a beautiful sunny day in the mid 70s, still managed to get sunburn. Initially, I didn't want to take any photos but then felt guilty and snapped a bunch - oh, year there were a few hot import model chicks - just check other websites out there. The better photos were from the cell phone with very visible large screen and the lousy/out of frame photos were from a low budget digital camera that I couldn't see the LCD screen in the sunlight. In all, these guys/kids, car enthusiasts, put a lot of works and detailed mods into their cars and it shows - impressive built but not really practical for daily drive and track days function are very questionable. The young crowd were actually, pretty nice and decent as I didn't know what to expect. I'll add a blurb from my in-car GoPro video later, enjoy the random pics:

Digital Camera photos:

FYI: DD/MM/YYY

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
At the show, I also met a couple of cool Lotus owners / LT members, Perry and his friend, can't remember his name who owns the Exige with hardtop removed - a very nice ride! A lot of walking.

Finally, here are the cell phone photos (some are duplicates):

Hope you enjoyed the "show!"

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Chris, thanks, didn't realize I was representing at the time - just wanted to check out some cars.

Perry, likewise - it was fun.

·
Registered
742 Posts
thanks for the pix:up:

·
German Reimport
2,953 Posts
Interesting how typically you see some European or American girls with tattoos of japanese or chinese symbols.
Most of these girls have no idea about the meaning of those symbols.

But in this case it seems to be the other way around.
Asian chick with tattoo saying "let it bleed" :shrug:

Gahh-2012.jpg

Not sure what she is trying to express

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Awesome shots.

A few things:

- I'm not sure I would have ruined the red NSX with the poke/stretch or whatever that trend is called.

- The black Exige with the top off and the silver BBS-like wheels - what the hell are those wheels? They're achingly beautiful. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Awesome shots.

A few things:

- I'm not sure I would have ruined the red NSX with the poke/stretch or whatever that trend is called.

- The black Exige with the top off and the silver BBS-like wheels - what the hell are those wheels? They're achingly beautiful. Does anyone know?
Thanks....Hey Pray4mojo, can you ask your friends again about the wheels. I think he said they were BBS imitation rims.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,684 Posts
Looked like a nice event........but a little too much RICE for me !!!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Why don't you guys let Causasians attend?

:)

Looks fun, but as Kestrel notes, that is definitely not my world.

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Why don't you guys let Causasians attend?

:)

Looks fun, but as Kestrel notes, that is definitely not my world.
Because there's no hot rods, Corvettes, Chevy, Ford, big trucks or superduper V8 with a gazillions horsepower, so the white dudes (especially the older ones) really don't care to see these modified import rides! However, It's open to the public!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Because there's no hot rods, Corvettes, Chevy, Ford, big trucks or superduper V8 with a gazillions horsepower, so the white dudes (especially the older ones) really don't care to see these modified import rides! However, It's open to the public!
Yeah, but we have a lot of tuner guys that show up at Supercar Saturdays here in Chicago and many are white Eminem wannabe kids! :)

I gotta ask though - the whole tuner/ricer crowd seems to be REALLY into body kits and all those decals. Why is that?

Also, what's up with the Falken blue wheel chocks. Not sure why they are there, but like every car has them.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts