The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
I am looking to do this also. Did you fabricate a pipe to exit out of the diffuser or does one exist on the market?
I fabbed one. It was a very simple and easy fab job. If you look in the exhaust section I made a thread about it with a couple pictures. I have gotten nothing but compliments on the sound. Fair warning: it is very hard to keep from wanting to get into the second cam all the time.

I will try taking a video with my phone and camera and see if the sound comes through at all.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Given the packaging and clientele, mufflers for our cars are just so unrealistically expensive. I'm going to try the cheapest options first. The straight pipe off the cat is my first choice probably, just because I still own my cat.

I had the sound analyzer in my car yesterday. 105dB at 65mph with the soft top on and windows up, radio off. Windows down was 110dB. That is pretty far above the long-term exposure limit haha. Even ear plugs don't work because it is all focused at 125Hz and 250Hz. There is nothing above about 1000Hz, indicating that my time installing Second Skin Damplifier worked well!

Thanks for the help guys!

·
Registered
405 Posts
21 - 24 of 24 Posts