The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok....Talked to Bob McCord this morning. He apologizes for the delay...yes, the oven was inop for 4 months, but it is a very specialized one of a kind oven and the ( very expensive ) parts had to be fabricated to repair it. It IS fixed now and operating.....unortunately he is quite backordered and NEW orders will not ship for at least 3 weeks. I will be in contact with him in a few weeks and will update here if I find out anything. Yeah, I'll agree it may have been able to be fixed earlier, but I'm not familiar with the situation.......so don't shoot the messenger !! Again, he apologizes for the inconvenience, and appreciates the Lotus community.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
What Part number or numbers do we need?

·
Registered
974 Posts
That's good news.

Does that mean that the production of all mirrors by his company was essentially shut down for 4 months? just curious.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's good news.

Does that mean that the production of all mirrors by his company was essentially shut down for 4 months? just curious.
Correct...he was shut down for that time..... Tony: I don't know of any specific part number for the Elise/Exige...when the site was UP for ordering you just specified "Lotus" ......they're both the same mirror. Bob is a one man show...he used to be with GM a while back and branched out on his own....
For clarification: My car was the test car for the mirrors. We experimented for a couple of weeks with different angles and configurations until we ( I ) decided on the current configuration.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I finally got mine today (April 9) after ordering them back in late December.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
For clarification: My car was the test car for the mirrors. We experimented for a couple of weeks with different angles and configurations until we ( I ) decided on the current configuration.
so that's why they're so terrible.......

LOL JK I LOVE THEM!

·
Registered
3,311 Posts
are they taking new orders now? I need a set, bad. I'm using stick-on dome mirrors to supplement my stock ones.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts