The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking your way sweetdaddyD on this! I've been playing in photoshop with different matte black overlays for the car, started with blacking the whole car out, but started thinking about the negative stripe. If it's something I can do in the backyard in a weekend (with some instruction) please lemme know what I'm looking at $$$ wise for doing this.

What I mean is to black the car, but leave the "stripe" as the original paint showing through. In my case Chili-Red, which I think fits nicely with the flat blackness.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
:eek: It looks as though it was run over by a street striping machine when the operator realized they were using the wrong color paint and panicking, veered off course. Looks good, otherwise. :p

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I like the stripes. If I do stripes, I'll do them like that. I do prefer shiny paint to flat black though.

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
I think the look is gorgeous, but I think I'd paint a matte black rather than try an overlay on 95% of the car.

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
yes, we get it..you're old..:rolleyes: i guess it just means 'flat'/'matte' black paint job...:shrug:

That's the point, I'm not old, so where do these silly terms come from?

It's called "blacked out" and has been called such for a very long time

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
...and has been called such for a very long time
see - you are OLD !! hahaha

wait till next year, "they" will be calling it something else.

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
"Murdered out." It's enough to make me want to wax my car.

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
"Murdered Out"
Urban Dictionary.Com said:
1. When a vehicle has both black paint and black aftermarket wheels. The window tint should also be really dark and other aftermarket accessories such as black taillight covers etc. should aid in blacking out the ride.

That escalade is truly murdered out man.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
You know what would go well on a "murdered out" Elise? A nice set of Dayton Wire wheels :shrug:

-poke-

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
"Murdered out." It's enough to make me want to wax my car.
"Murdered out"?

This is quickly becoming the Impala forum.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
^^hahaha, my flat black LSS wheels will be staying on the car :) Still looking at some alternatives, but the wires are definitely out of contention ;)

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
^ Is he sportin' wood? :eek:
i don't know which makes me worry more....

the fact you noticed that?

or the fact that i checked?

or that he is??

gesh - i think i should stop hanging out on elisetalk!!!!

·
Registered
274 Posts
The satin or flat black paintjob is something I will be looking into when my paint looks to need some help.

I will likely test it on my now likely not to be used hard top first.

I do like the stripes but I have never been able to commit to an off centered look for any car. I ALMOST did on a MINI.

I had thought about this stripe down the drivers side.
http://cooperflags.com/Photos.cfm?Gallery=1&Photo=25

What I ended up doing (and that IS my MINI)
http://cooperflags.com/Photos.cfm?Gallery=1&Photo=139

1 - 20 of 41 Posts