The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not the first, and won't be the last to try this. The supercharged Evora has good h.p. and torque, but certainly nothing to brag about, compared to the new C8 Vettes, the McLarens and Hellcats And Shelbys and Muscular Camaros. In any event, the V8s and V10s and V12s have the Brute power of the bunch, overshadowing the V6s we drive because we love the HANDLING of these awesome cars. But we rejoice in the knowledge that the 400+ GT and other higher powered Evoras should be a continuing trend which will lean towards MORE speed without sacrificing handling and driving fast on the tracks.
I did notice that the reverse tact of building air flow First, enabled horsepower and torque to build Last, in an impressive manner. The final results are about a week or so away, so I won't declare the culmination of the experiment, but will just attempt to guess the expectation of what should happen if my plans come to fruition: That building the track by focusing on the air flow First and the muscle Last (e.g., CAI, Tuned headers and Tune First, before the smaller supercharger pulley is installed) will produce noticeable improvement, but not the BLAST OFF the rocket pad we hope for!
The goodies from BOE were the hardware used to open up the air flow (Julian, you reading this?), and Monkey Wrench Racing supplied the "Coup de gras" which should bring on the culmination of the sequence of events to gain the muscle to bring the Evoras into the 21st century.
In fact, if you look at the dyno numbers at MWR, you will notice the slow start before the avalanche of h.p. and torque: $5K in starting slowly to gain whp [from 294 oem whp to 316 whp, but only a shade over $700 to bring the wheel horse power to 383 whp and 335 wft lbs, which equates to 440 bhp and 385 b ft.lbs. These are numbers born of the dynamax base and post-mod dynos of my car, combined with the final dyno results reached by MWR from their dyno under the heading of Supercharger pulleys and parts. Their results bear close analyses of the after market mods they itemize under each heading of dyno results.
FINAL PREDICTIONS: THE combination of the BOE products and the MWR products reach somewhere close to 100 whp increase, and 90 bhp increase. The quarter mile improvement should go from a baseline oem at 12.9 @114.4 to 11.8 seconds/120.7 mph- 1.1 second and 6.3 mph improvement. The car weight is 3240 with me in the car with less than a full tank of petrol (93 octane, non-ethanol). ACTUAL RESULTS are about a week away, Lord willing.

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
548 Posts
I'm just curious what products in particular you're looking at?

My car with the tvs1900 from boe made 420ish whp.
I'm also using the ace gearset from mwr with a quaife. Too bad I'm not a drag racer to know how fast the car is in 1/4 mile.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts