The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the family and I are on a whirlwind trip of Europe. I'm staying with my brother in London. Been to Paris this last week and just came back to the UK on Friday about midnight. By brother suggested we pick up and leave by 5am yesterday morning to catch a ferry from Dover and head over to Dunkerque, France so we could drive south to Brugge, Belgium.

The highlight of the trip was a stop at the local Lotus dealer in Oostende, Belgium. OMMFG!:eek: I was in Lotus heaven! The dealership was closed but the door was open. Sam my 8 year old took immediately to the dog relaxing by the front desk. Theirry Verhiest, the dealer owner who also lives directly in front of the dealership, welcomed us in to take a look at the collection of Lotus cars and memorabilia. I could have spent hours "talking shop" with our host and he could have well done the same. Unfortunately, we had an hour drive back to the ferry where we were to check in 45 minutes before departure...it was 7pm and the ferry left at 8:01!:popcorn:

Vehicle registration plate Automotive exterior Trunk Auto part Vehicle

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Coupé

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Lotus elise

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sedan Lotus

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Coupé

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
These are GT4 racers.:shift: Theirry races GT4 and is currently the European Champion. The smaller pic, one post back, shows his car in disarray at the moment. He crashed it into the wall...broke a hip and fractured his pelvis. His helmet hit the roll bar with such force he was completely knocked out and was in a coma. He showed me the new roll cage that was to grace the rebuilt car.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Lotus 2-eleven Sports car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Supercar

Land vehicle Vehicle Supercar Car Sports car

Vehicle Race car Car Sports car Sports prototype

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sports car Bumper

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Sports car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Coupé Yellow

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Transport Mode of transport

This is the car I'd like! This is a street legal 190hp 211. (street legal in Belgium anyway :rolleyes:)

After Lotus parted ways with John Player sponsorship, John Player went to sponsoring this Norton racer. It has a Wankel rotary engine that's about the cc size of a 650. Puts out double the HP a standard 650 would. Circa 1980's.
Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Car Automotive exhaust

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I neglected to take a pic of the Camel car that was hanging off the side of the wall.:wallbang: Won in Monte Carlo and Detroit. The John Player shell and parts are signed by Mario.:cool:
Room Building Ceiling Photography Electronics

This is the Evora that was just in the Geneva Show!!!!:crazyeyes beautiful car!
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Supercar Sports car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Transport

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Now that's a dealership.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Thanks for the pics!

·
Registered
531 Posts
Were all those cars for sale, or were they customer cars? Those 340's are just Awesome. :drool:

·
Registered
808 Posts
There a really good article in the Mar-Apr edition of Lotus ReMarque magazine about Thierry Verhiest and his dealership. He sounds like a real renaissance Lotus enthusiast -- he's a Lotus mechanic, Lotus racer and owns a Lotus dealership. It's no wonder he 'lives' at the dealership too.:clap:

Rugbyduck -- there is a picture in the magazine of the Camel F1 car hanging on the wall.

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
There a really good article in the Mar-Apr edition of Lotus ReMarque magazine about Thierry Verhiest and his dealership. He sounds like a real renaissance Lotus enthusiast -- he's a Lotus mechanic, Lotus racer and owns a Lotus dealership. It's no wonder he 'lives' at the dealership too.:clap:

Rugbyduck -- there is a picture in the magazine of the Camel F1 car hanging on the wall.
I'll have to check out that magazine. I was stunned to hear he had 5 full time Lotus mechanics on duty. Saddened that I saw the KG Elise mural on the wall closest to the hwy and didn't take a pic.:(

I think if I could come back to this world in another life, it would be as Thierry.;)

·
Registered
518 Posts
Yep,

Thierry is a really nice guy. Totally into Lotus. Sells loads of them. He does race too! Had a small accident last year with his 2-11.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts