The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information.

Thanks for the information.
I do not believe that the cams causing the problem.
(Unless I got them a little wrong with the chain)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No problems with 3 different installs.
Not a great idle but "run" real nice.
Ok. I'll try to explain this the best I can in English.

If your engine has been uneven at idle?

Whenever I give a little gas engine runs evenly. But at idle it is uneven.
Is it at idle (10min), then error code P0171 comes up

·
Registered
66 Posts
Ok. I'll try to explain this the best I can in English.

If your engine has been uneven at idle?

Whenever I give a little gas engine runs evenly. But at idle it is uneven.
Is it at idle (10min), then error code P0171 comes up
Try raising your idle a bit.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Bump to this old topic; regarding the stage3 cams, is there always an issue on idle??How is it ilding then?

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
Bump to this old topic; regarding the stage3 cams, is there always an issue on idle??How is it ilding then?

Any stage 3 cam I've ever seen has idle issues due to the higher overlap. High rpm cams sacrifice low end drivability by nature, so bumping the idle up is just par for the course. You should be running a custom tune anyways, so adding a few hundred rpm is no big deal

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
236 Posts
Someone told me that stage 3 cams are mainly for NA engines, why is that? Are there restraints in installing stage 3 cams on a FI street car that never sees track?? Please explain.

·
Registered
560 Posts
Another mod I have done for those interested and as crazy as me is fit a set of hybrid cams. I have wiped too many std inlet cams so ended up fitting some stg 3 cams a while ago. They are meant to be more resistant to the problem of wiping the "big"lobe. I was not happy with the idle of loss of fuel economy. I took my stg 3s and OEM cams off to a local cam grinder and he re profiled the "small" lobes of the stg3s to OEM. The car now idles well and should give back my economy (not on the E85 though). When I get to 5400rpm the car is then back to stg3 performance. I thought with this setup there would be a big torque jump at changeover but this is just not the case with forced induction.
Rev 400, SSC Adaptronic running Flexfuel gasoline or alcohol E85

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
Another mod I have done for those interested and as crazy as me is fit a set of hybrid cams. I have wiped too many std inlet cams so ended up fitting some stg 3 cams a while ago. They are meant to be more resistant to the problem of wiping the "big"lobe. I was not happy with the idle of loss of fuel economy. I took my stg 3s and OEM cams off to a local cam grinder and he re profiled the "small" lobes of the stg3s to OEM. The car now idles well and should give back my economy (not on the E85 though). When I get to 5400rpm the car is then back to stg3 performance. I thought with this setup there would be a big torque jump at changeover but this is just not the case with forced induction.
Rev 400, SSC Adaptronic running Flexfuel gasoline or alcohol E85

Very cool. Smart thinking.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts