The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I am shocked that they haven't fixed the motor mount hole issue in two years. They certainly been aware of the problem long enough.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Thanks for the input guys! We've recently revised those mounts both for correct fit to the OEM thru-bolts and for improved clearance to the right side engine mount isolator bracket (there are 2 OEM variations, our mount now easily clears both). Just heard back today from one of the customers who received the revised mounts this week and everything fit 100% during his install.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Thanks for the input guys! We've recently revised those mounts both for correct fit to the OEM thru-bolts and for improved clearance to the right side engine mount isolator bracket (there are 2 OEM variations, our mount now easily clears both). Just heard back today from one of the customers who received the revised mounts this week and everything fit 100% during his install.
I purchased a new 3.5" 7/16 grade 8 bolt and drilled out the rear mount so it fits fine now. I have not tried the right side isolator for fitment yet. Matt can I exchange mine?

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Whelp, the driver side inner CV finally bit the dust this weekend. I'm putting 400 ftlbs at the wheel through this setup so I'm pretty pleased that it lasted almost 4 years with probably over 100 drag launches. These are the 500hp axles, not the 1000hp axles they offer. I'm glad it wasn't the transmission that blew.

Hat's off to MWR. I just ordered the inner cv joint from them for $140 so that's a pretty economical fix to boot.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts