The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 40 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Hey Matt,

It was great meeting you in person at Spring Mountain during our last LCS event.

I think that the v-6 would work even better in one of these ..... :D :D

just add a power bulge to the 2-11 engine lid to handle the intake .... what do you think? -eek-
Now that is the best thing I've ever heard you say.:clap::clap: But I'd like to request a 9000rpm model, maybe destroked.:D-poke-

Looks great Matt, I've had a hard time biting my tongue after you showed me those pics.:shift:

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
There should be no reason to destroke it. Stock stroke is 83mm which is shorter than the 2ZZ's 85mm. The higher output version I'm building should go to at least 8k.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yea, def would only want it if it can rev to 8k minimum. It has a very nice grunt, but it kinda ends premature to me. Daddy loves a screamer :drool:

Is the engine your using port injected or direct injection? Is it a 2GR-fe or 2GR-fse?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Port injection only. The FSE engines are completely different castings and are not meant for a transverse installation or to bolt up to a transaxle. They're front engine rear drive only. The FSE has a little more power from the factory but I think a lot of that is the tune and bolt-ons.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
Hey Matt,

It was great meeting you in person at Spring Mountain during our last LCS event.

I think that the v-6 would work even better in one of these ..... :D :D

just add a power bulge to the 2-11 engine lid to handle the intake .... what do you think? -eek-
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Sounds great Jack. When should we expect your car's arrival? :up:

It was very nice meeting you and several of the other Lotus Challenge racers at Spring Mountain. I love seeing these cars put through their paces in their natural environment. You guys are a great bunch and I was impressed watching you guys hustle your cars around that track.
Nice work Matt! :drool: Great to meet you at SMMR too...

·
Registered
2,379 Posts
Wow. I mean....wow. How awesome?! But, being the picky a-hole that I am, I'd like to see a corner balance printout to see if it really doesn't effect balance at all. My guess is that even if it does, it would be very minor. Just wondering about how close it is at all four corners.

In any case: ME WANT! :clap:

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Wow

this is sweet music to my year!!!!:drool:........now on to the real stuff how much will such a conversion cost?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Our scales don't have a printer but here are the #s:

F: 37.6%
R: 62.4%

Right: 50.05%
Left: 49.95%

The fuel tank is at about 1/4 full. I'm running the Odyssey PC925 (the bigger one, weighing 23 lbs) in front of the left rear wheel. Would probably help side-side distribution significantly moving it to the passenger side.

We're working now on finalizing a cost.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Not sure if it's been asked yet, is there any room left in there for a blower? Maybe with the Exige hatch? If this can get 400+ bhp and no issues with cooling, this would give the high HP 1.8s out there a run for their money, and the V6 and E153 drivetrain would be more reliable.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
I didn't know if enough other systems would cease functionality with the Evora ECU, for example the Gauge Cluster. I'm really showing my lack of knowledge on the Electrical systems in these cars here. Very cool either way, i was just curious.
It's possible to mate the Evora/Toyota V6 ECU to the Elise instruments as long as there's some level of compatibility. It's typically easier when using electronics from the same make or manufacturer, I've done it with my Focus using a Mustang motor and kept all the Focus instruments and gauge cluster working. Usually not a plug and play solution but it can be done.

·
Registered
134 Posts
This looks like a very good swap for the Exige clam, especially if you want to supercharge it. It should have plenty of clearance up top.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Space is tight but I'm sure a supercharger is doable. I believe Lotus is planning one for the Evora so that would be something to watch. Of course, if somebody wants one in their Exige before that is out and shows up here with a car and a check we'll be happy to get to work immediately.

21 - 40 of 334 Posts