The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all after being on this forum for about 7 months now, I’ve finally been able to purchase my dream car (hopefully forever car), a 2006 Lotus Elise. I’m happy to call myself a new owner in the Sacramento area.

I’ve been lurking on this forum for a little bit, eyeing the for sale posts and bookmarking various, helpful threads for when I would own a Lotus. I actually learned how to drive stick shift in college from my friend in his Civic Si for the sole purpose of owning this car (VTEC is cool and so is VVTI).

I worked throughout college and hoped that I would be able to save up enough money to buy one sometime after (this was back when they were still about +/- $30k). However towards my last two years of college, when COVID started, I saw the values steadily rising and I started losing hope. I decided to purchase a 2005 Boxster as sort of a “compromise car” in hopes that I may be satisfied with it as it was worth about half of what an Elise cost. I first joined LotusTalk towards the beginning of this year and after looking at the forums, I decided that I didn’t want to give up on owning an Elise and sold my Boxster earlier this year. After graduating college in May I was fortunate enough to find a decent paying job close to my hometown and started saving [I’m really lucky that I don’t have to pay rent (yet) since I live with my dad (I moved back in with him when COVID started while I was finishing college since I didn’t want to have to pay for housing on the east coast where my school was) and my salary was able to all go towards the car].

I was finally in the market to start looking for an Elise this past month. For colors I wanted either a red, blue, or green color and for model year I was mainly looking for 05-08. I had notifications on and would actively look for postings on LotusTalk, BaT, Autotrader, Craigslist, and Facebook Marketplace. BaT prices tend to be higher in price and as a result I focused more on the other websites.

Now about the car. I ended up finding it on Facebook Marketplace about two weeks ago. I went back and forth with the seller and he was super flexible with my timeline and made the buying process way less stressful. It’s a 2006 in British Racing Green, with about 34k miles. The previous owner owned the car for about 9 years, and he had service receipts during the time he owned it. All the recalls are done, and it was recently serviced/well maintained/stock so I felt pretty confident in moving forward with the purchase. It was located in Las Vegas, NV and I live in Sacramento, CA so I thought it would be a fun road trip. I flew down to LA this past weekend and drove to Las Vegas with a family member to help me make the transaction. The car was even better than I thought when I saw it in person and drove it for the first time. I drove it back to LA and then came back up to Sacramento this past Sunday. Car held up amazing on the road trip.

I’ll post some pictures of the car soon, need to clean it up a bit after the long road trip first. I’m still in shock and feel really blessed that I’m able to own my dream car at 22, and will treasure every moment with this car. I’m glad to finally be a member of the Lotus community! I may decide to make my own thread with the build/upgrades that I have in mind for the car. I just joined the Golden Gate Lotus Club and hopefully will be meeting some more Lotus enthusiasts soon😊.

P.S. If anyone knows a Lotus mechanic/shop in the Sacramento area I would appreciate a recommendation. I know there is Trackspec in Fremont and Dietsch in Livermore, but I was wondering if there was a shop closer to Sacramento where I am.

·
Registered
2006 Lotus Elise BRG
405 Posts
Welcome to the BRG club. There were only 58 BRG 06s, and only nine with black leather interior. Can't wait to see your pics.

Reactions: Crisandres

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to the BRG club. There were only 58 BRG 06s, and only nine with black leather interior. Can't wait to see your pics.
Thanks for the welcome 🤗! I'll have to order a certificate of provenance from Lotus sometime to see everything it came with. The previous owner didn't have one when he bought it 9 years ago. Mine has a biscuit leather interior, so less rare than the black but still rare overall. I'll post the pics tomorrow when I can get some better lighting.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome! I'm in Folsom, so not too far away.

Would love to check out your Elise! BRG is a great color.
Sounds good! Yea Folsom isn’t that far we should definitely find a time to take a drive. I would love to see your Exige too! It looks great in white. I kind of want to put the Exige style wing on my Elise sometime in the future.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Congrats on a great car in a great colour. Well done to get an Elise at your age! There is a reason why there are so many old guys driving exotic cars: it took us that long to save up the money! 😲 .
Thank you 😁! Yea I still can't believe that I get to have my dream car at this time in my life. Loving every moment so far!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts