The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got a new Nexus 7 and hooked it up for all kinds of things. Car navigation, OBD2 Displa, Video, etc. It's endless with all the apps out there. Works great and is small at only 7" screen. Sorry for the crappy pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Got a new Nexus 7 and hooked it up for all kinds of things. Car navigation, OBD2 Displa, Video, etc. It's endless with all the apps out there. Works great and is small at only 7" screen. Sorry for the crappy pics.
You know what's worse than crappy pics? Crappy BIG pics. :thwack:

Here, I fixed it.

Looks nice, btw.
I might look into doing that.
Which app are you running? Torque?

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
So that is an elise, right? How do you mount it? Does it slide/shake/fall off at high speed, acceleration or hard turns?
Looks nice. If it is possible to hook that up to the audio system (probably may have to do usb to an aftermarket stereo), but that would make this the most useful add-on ever

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
So that is an elise, right? How do you mount it? Does it slide/shake/fall off at high speed, acceleration or hard turns?
Looks nice. If it is possible to hook that up to the audio system (probably may have to do usb to an aftermarket stereo), but that would make this the most useful add-on ever
Yes Elise; I got a Clingo and it works great for anything I try to connect to it. The extra arm length works perfect with our windshield. It does not budge one bit, nada.

I do have it working through my Stereo with a new generation BT/FM transmitter/SD Card/USB charger/Phone device. It sounds very good and is very suitable for music streaming too.

·
Premium Member
4,101 Posts
I don't know if I like how high that sits. It would be cool if you could reverse the screen view then mount it to your rear window so you can view it in your rear view mirror!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I don't know if I like how high that sits. It would be cool if you could reverse the screen view then mount it to your rear window so you can view it in your rear view mirror!
Too be honest in landscape mode it dosen't sit that high at all and doesn't block my view. The factory Lotus banner I have on the top of the windshield is more distracting lol

It's pretty small

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
i have been planning on getting myself one of those, when the introduction hype dies down. I may just do what you did... thanks for posting

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
does music get sent from the nexus to the transmitter via bluetooth? then from there to the headunit via FM?
Yes or you can plug in the Nexus as well. Both work very well.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
can i use the clingo that slides into the air vents? does that work with the elise air vents?

·
Registered
796 Posts
anyway to lay it on the dash / invert the image / and create a HUD?

ps - nice job!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
You Pilots.........always into gadgets !!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts