The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I sold my '88 to a gentleman in Belgium, and today drove it into the ports at Newark, NJ to drop it off at the cargo company.

I don't think Phil is on this forum (the guy who I bought the car from a couple years ago, he also has a yellow V8), but I think he's active in the NY or NJ clubs. Someone tell him his car is now overseas!

Thanks for all the help these past few years. It was by far my favorite "toy" that I've ever had. :cool:

Here's my last view of her:

·
Registered
19 Posts
To Belgium ??

Well , another Esprit here is always welcome :clap:
I wonder how much the shipping costs are to get a car from the states to here.

Geert

·
Registered
913 Posts
This wasnt one of those deals where they send you a over sized check and you keep so much and send them the remaining $$$ and the car back was it?

Im joking, im sure it wasnt, but I do alot of buying and selling on the internet, and the internet is full of those kinda scams anymore.

Are you nervous at all about shipping the car overseas and it getting safely to its new owner?

I shipped a car I restored once to AZ from PA, a guy that was stationed in Iraq bought it, while he was in Iraq and wouldnt be home for months and I was waiting and waiting for the guy to get it or get home to see it and tell me all was well with it and it arrived safely. His wife finally emailed me and told me it checked out. Im not a big fan of shipping vehicles. I hate counting on the cash from a sale, until the sale is final, meaning the new owner got his purchase delivered.

And was that a sad last view or a "thank god" last view.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No issues there, I got paid in full and the money cleared before the arrangements were made and I dropped it off.

Funny you should ask, it may have been a little of both....

I positively LOVE this car. What cooler toy could someone have?? But it was one thing after another (you can check out my posts, ha). Strange whistle that turned out to be the vacuum pump, whine *inside* the clutch that was fixed with a new slave cylinder, overheated once due to thermostat, headlights pop up when the engine temperature gets warm (never solved), the rusted thru gas tank, the hesitation/stumble... I never really felt like I could enjoy it because it was so needy.

But with all that said, I've been looking for another toy and nothing comes close to the Esprit in terms of being a cool car to play around with, especially at that price.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wonder how much the shipping costs are to get a car from the states to here.
If i read his email quote correctly (it wasn't in English), it was 995 Euros.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts