The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This deals with my obtaining a custom car cover for the Elise...I always support forum vendors and in particular ones in the 'start up' mode and thus my obtaining the car cover (made by the same company as shinoo's) from the California Car Cover Company instead of Sector 111 was wrong. My excuse was that I had a promotional coupon from the CCCC and had purchased car covers from them in the past and just reacted to that...never dawned on me to look at Sector 111...and yes the covers are the same made by the same company. For what it is worth the cover (in the yellow green motif) looks great and fits great... So please if you are considering a cover check out the Sector 111 site... and Shinoo charges slightly less to boot:clap:

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Finally received my Shower Cap in light blue. Thanks Shinoo.

Now if I just had my Elise, I could try it out.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
Yep, gotten the evolution cover, shower cape and quick release undertray kit, all good stuff, quick service.

I echo Yelotus in supporting etalk vendors:clap:
Chris

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
I got the QS exhaust, quick release kit (yet be installed) and SSRs with AO48s-all great service and communication. Thanks Shinoo!

No car cover-I have a garage. I can't imagine being one of those guys who puts it on out in public. Talk about inviting vandals...

·
Supporting Vendor
4,248 Posts
Michael,

No need to apologize. You had a coupon from a vendor you already knew and trusted. I respect that fully. As time goes on, I hope to win the trust of Elise owners with our products and service!

Let me know when you need a cover for that upcoming C6...;)

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
I bought a "Simplify" T-shirt when he ran that promotion. It's wonderful! I'll buy whatever I can from Shinoo when my Elise comes.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
shinoo said:
Michael,

No need to apologize. You had a coupon from a vendor you already knew and trusted. I respect that fully. As time goes on, I hope to win the trust of Elise owners with our products and service!

Let me know when you need a cover for that upcoming C6...;)
Shinoo...
Agreed...the C6 cover will be ordered thru you! Thanks
M

·
Registered
513 Posts
Surferjer said:

No car cover-I have a garage. I can't imagine being one of those guys who puts it on out in public. Talk about inviting vandals...
You think a car cover would attract more vandals than the car without a cover? After hearing the crowds this car attracts, I was thinking of getting a cover (through shinoo of course) so that it would be less inviting to vandals. :confused:

·
Registered
538 Posts
Surferjer said:
No car cover-I have a garage.
And who says you don't want a car cover if you have a garage?

:D

(Oh, and I cover my cars when they're out in public for any length of time. The only time I have ever had my car keyed was when my (then, brand new) SLK32 AMG was left uncovered in a parking lot. I've never had someone mess with a car I had covered.)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
If I put a cover on my car in the garage, I couldn't walk dreamily by it, staring and fantasizing about my next ride in her. She'd be all covered up!!:(

·
Registered
538 Posts
Surferjer said:
If I put a cover on my car in the garage, I couldn't walk dreamily by it, staring and fantasizing about my next ride in her. She'd be all covered up!!:(
True. :) Ours never stay covered for long. In fact, the hoods don't stay down for long. Michael not only likes to look at the cars, he likes to stare at the engines. ;)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
I just ordered the SS brake lines from Sector 111 tonight. And I will be watching for something to take the play out of the shift linkage, please Shinoo get something soon. The shifter is a mess, way too much slop!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
James A said:
I just ordered the SS brake lines from Sector 111 tonight. And I will be watching for something to take the play out of the shift linkage, please Shinoo get something soon. The shifter is a mess, way too much slop!
This is probably a question for PatrickO(I think he had them changed already), but do the SS brake lines make a noticeable difference in the feel of the pedal?

·
Supporting Vendor
4,248 Posts
James A said:
The shifter is a mess, way too much slop!
Thx for the order! We are working with a very well respected short shift kit manufacturer to come up with a solution. If anyone can do it, these guys will! :bow:

·
Supporting Vendor
4,248 Posts
pianomaniac said:
...but do the SS brake lines make a noticeable difference in the feel of the pedal?
The SS lines did not stiffen the pedal as much as we hoped. The real benefit will come at the track under hard braking. It is a very popular upgrade for the Elise in the UK for track enthusiasts. Even Lotus offers it as a dealer installed upgrade.

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
Shinoo-this does not sound like a project for an accountant. Can you compare the complexity vs. the exhaust? thanks.

·
Supporting Vendor
4,248 Posts
Jerry,

I'd recommend that you take it to a professional lotus mechanic. We used Viking Motorsports in Costa Mesa for our initial install. Brake fluid is messy stuff and you will need to bleed the brakes when done.
FYI: SS lines are not legal in SCCA stock.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts