The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
938 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
I turned 40 years of age few minutes ago. Holy Moly...my life has sucked for years yet time laughs at me and it passes by like a good time...fast!
I decided to get into the wedge and take my first drive. This is just after midnight. First time ever.
I realize that my timing belt ought to be changed but I thought Im turning ancient and perhaps God has remembered the good things I have done.

Now........holy moly.
The car handles like an AFX slot car.
It goes like stink.
The prior owner said that the car was almost as fast as his v8!
It is very very quick. I was shocked. I wasnt even giving it too hard.
I figure it is quicker than my AMG E 55.
The car felt great to drive on the dark neighborhood streets. Even my head against the headrest felt great. I didnt get past second gear but when the turbo kicked in,I felt I was being smacked in the head by my old man when I did something wrong as a kid. That means very dramatic.
The steering wheel even had a great feel to it.
Time to change T belt and tensioner..and check out vacuum pump.
:)

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,355 Posts
There is nothing like driving a 4 cyl Esprit. The turbo rush is amazing!

·
Wingless Wonder
1988 Esprit Turbo
6,355 Posts
We DID get a pic of the blotch on the door....:shrug:

:D

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Happy birthday and congrats again!

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Like I said before, the beginning of a great adventure...lots of fun, right? :) Congrats and Happy Birthday!

Roy

·
Registered
136 Posts
looks badass, congrats on turning 40. As long as your still able to shift gears and use the pedals, age is nothing but a number. I always loved esprit's and got to ride in a turbo 4cylinder when i was 16. I knew i had to have one after that, 12yrs later i made it happen. Many times I considered getting a 4 banger, having owning/owned turbo eclipses a 2L turbo can be quite lethal. I bet it's a blast. Glad your enjoying. Post up some pics.

·
shay2nak
25,166 Posts
happy birthday. many happy miles in the future.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts