The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have to say this one was a non event. I did the install clam off due to being short with stubby fingers and I can only imagine the stress of doing it clam on. To each his own on this topic, but my life was made easy by clam off. Also, did a tranny fluid change through the speedo cover with a pump and it was dead easy.

After the install startup was just a push of the button, and a instant perfect idle. I let it idle to 180deg and then drove it about 100 miles before letting it loose. The experience has been everything they say it is. I have done installs on Subaru RS, WRX, STi and many other cars over the years. This one was so easy I felt like I was cheating. All I can say is that it was a no hassle deal.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was not nervous about the hardware aspect. The PES tune seemed to be a gray area, seemingly from people who had no first had experience. I was prepared to go to an alternate tune if needed. I am happy to say that was not the case at all. Throttle response and idle have been excellent and there is no detonation or any bad habits. Cam changeover is seamless and it feels like driving a really big NA engine. I would suggest this kit and tune without reservation. I did a Von Hep high exit exhaust at the same time.

The only disappointment was the rather mild sound of the SC. I am used to much more pronounced blower whine and this one is barely audible. I was kind of hoping for a unmistakable whirring at idle. Of course this has nothing to do with performance.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know that it is lower than a factory Lotus SC, it is probably the same. It is just so much less pronounced than say a Weiand on a big block, and yes for those extraordinarily obvious reasons. I wouldn't have minded a more pronounced sound. Clearly I didn't buy it for the sound though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts