The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered my car this morning. I was told that my dealer was told late May or early June for delivery of the first batch of cars, and that more definite information will be made available late January.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Dan said:
I ordered my car this morning. I was told that my dealer was told late May or early June for delivery of the first batch of cars, and that more definite information will be made available late January.
I don't hate you. Thanks again for the first pics. What colors and options did you pick ?

Steve

·
Registered
687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Re: Re: My car has been ordered...

Sownman said:
I don't hate you. Thanks again for the first pics. What colors and options did you pick ?

Steve
I ended up with the Racing Green, Touring Pack w/Biscuit leather. Pretty much the same car as the one at the show. I wasn't even really considering that combo till I saw and sat in it. Maybe not as photogenic as the other colors, but definitely impressive in person. Photos don't seem to capture the depth of the green and the metallic flakes.

I'll reiterate what's in other posts that dealers are being told to take the initial batch of orders and submit them by the 10th, meaning you need to decide by the 9th if you're in the first batch.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Re: Re: Re: My car has been ordered...

Dan said:
I'll reiterate what's in other posts that dealers are being told to take the initial batch of orders and submit them by the 10th, meaning you need to decide by the 9th if you're in the first batch.
My dealer (Los Gatos) is asking for a decision to be made this weekend, actually. I'm not quite sure why the rush; maybe they figure that if they get their orders in early their customers will get their cars first (I doubt it)? Cylde couldn't confirm the January 9th date, but did confirm that the first 10 orders (including one demo car for the dealer) are due sometime in January.

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Lotus wants to start planning how to most efficiently produce the cars, so they want to know what combos people want; 400 cars gives them a fair amount of info to work with. Both Clyde and Nick mentioned that it's easier and cheaper to make similar cars in batches, so once they have an idea of how many LSS set-ups or touring packages, etc. they need, they can start setting up some production schemes. Same deal with exterior colors.

Production is not scheduled to start until beginning of May, so I would guess that more of us may be asked to place orders in the near future.

·
Registered
123 Posts

Dan said:
I ended up with the Racing Green, Touring Pack w/Biscuit leather. Pretty much the same car as the one at the show. I wasn't even really considering that combo till I saw and sat in it. Maybe not as photogenic as the other colors, but definitely impressive in person. Photos don't seem to capture the depth of the green and the metallic flakes.

Dan,

I wanted the Racing Green until I saw some of the other colors in photos, so I am really looking forward to seeing the cars in LA next week so I can make my own judgement.

Congrats and keep us up to date on your progress.

:D

·
Registered
670 Posts

Dan said:

Looking at those newest pics put up by s2ka, I'm leaning towards that green/biscuit combo myself. It looks real nice in those photos. It lets me add yellow stripes for type 25, but it looks damn good as is. I'm kind of glad to not be in the first group as I'm not ready to choose yet and I'd like to drive one first.

Steve

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: My car has been ordered...

MattG said:
My dealer (Los Gatos) is asking for a decision to be made this weekend, actually. I'm not quite sure why the rush; maybe they figure that if they get their orders in early their customers will get their cars first (I doubt it)? Cylde couldn't confirm the January 9th date, but did confirm that the first 10 orders (including one demo car for the dealer) are due sometime in January.

Matt,

What number are you in Los Gatos? I also have my deposit with Los Gatos so I wonder when I will be placing my order.

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My car has been ordered...

stuttgart said:
Matt,

What number are you in Los Gatos? I also have my deposit with Los Gatos so I wonder when I will be placing my order.

One of those ten orders will be a demo car for the dealer (this should be true of every dealer from what Clyde said), so it's really just the first nine customer cars that are being ordered now. I think there'll be some time between this batch of orders and the next, as dealer allocation still hasn't been determined.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: My car has been ordered...

MattG said:

One of those ten orders will be a demo car for the dealer (this should be true of every dealer from what Clyde said), so it's really just the first nine customer cars that are being ordered now. I think there'll be some time between this batch of orders and the next, as dealer allocation still hasn't been determined.
Is Los Gatos still keeping their promise of selling at MSRP? I hope they do since it said "MSRP at time of delivery" on my deposit slip.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Did my order today with Rothrock

-artic silver
-black leather
-touring package
-hardtop

Can't wait till May - time to work on my Yoga!

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
jml1952 said:
Production is not scheduled to start until beginning of May, so I would guess that more of us may be asked to place orders in the near future. [/B]
JML,
I think production is actually supposed to start Mar/ April with the demos hitting the US by late April early May. The other cars throug May. Could be wrong. Lotus is still firming up things like containerizing the cars, etc.

Chris

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
JML,
I think production is actually supposed to start Mar/ April with the demos hitting the US by late April early May. The other cars throug May. Could be wrong. Lotus is still firming up things like containerizing the cars, etc.

Chris
You could be right, Chris. Based on his interviews with various Lotus folks during the media days, Michael Sands indicated that production was scheduled to start in May, with deliveries later that same month. A friend of mine suggested that it doesn't take that long to build each car (perhaps a week??), so that timeframe might work out, but it seems a little tight.

Your suggestions sound more reasonable to me, as I couldn't figure out why they would wait until May to start production.

Not that you need to worry, but one of the Lotus guys told me that west coast cars would arrive here by ship, so we will be 2 weeks behind the east coasters. I have some connections at the ports, so perhaps I can snag one from the first shipment when they aren't looking. :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts