The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
my ardent elise with LSS, hardtop, and touring is finally here and it really is a looker. i have driven it about 80 miles and so far i really like it.

a bit of a task to get in and out of with the hardtop on but not NEARLY as hard as i thought ;)

i am going to drive it pretty easy like the breakin states but will let it rev up a bit now and then like it states also.

only problem i have is that i fear that my 2004 viper srt10 has damned me to all other cars due to spoiling me with 525 ft/lbs of torque :eek:

it does however feel much more of a blast to drive and boy does it sit low!!! i love the feel of every little bump in the road and the seats to me are just perfect!!!

here are some pics....

regards
george

·
Registered
304 Posts
I can imagine an Elise feeling a bit gutless after a Viper. But the first time you brake late, get that apex just perfect and accelerate away (with the car, not fighting the car) to the next corner of your favourite bit of twisties you know what the Elise is all about :bow:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Barney Jr said:
I can imagine an Elise feeling a bit gutless after a Viper. But the first time you brake late, get that apex just perfect and accelerate away (with the car, not fighting the car) to the next corner of your favourite bit of twisties you know what the Elise is all about :bow:
i know what you mean but i gotta tell ya the srt10 viper is one amazing car at road atlanta. i am hoping the elise will out brake and corner it because the brakes and grip on the new viper are nothing short of outstanding. and i can hit close to 173 on the back straight :bow:

but i decided to keep the viper too so i guess i will soon see

regards
george:p

·
Registered
364 Posts
George,

Congratulations to you and the new Elise. Great pictures. You got the best of both worlds, kinda opposite spectrum. The SRT10 is special, been up against them at the track in my 2004 Z06.

I will get an Elise and that is a little opposite spectrum of my Z06 as well.

I frequent many tracks in the SE and instruct at various clubs. What do you have planned track wise for the Elise? I would love to see it on the track.

I am aware of the top quality items you make for various cars. What do you have in mind to offer for the Elise?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
George,

Those are the best pictures of a red elise I've seen. In fact I think you've got a "Kodachrome effect" there, in that it looks better than even the real life one I saw and drove in full sun.

Submit that to MattG for the contest. This is the last day for submissions.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i hav e to look at the panoz scedule and i will probably go to the next one at road atlanta. shoot me an email when you get a chance and let me know what events you go to. i would love to track roebling road again too but i am not sure of any events for non vipers.

also, ancient wedgie i was not aware of the contest. could someone submit it for me??

george

·
Registered
799 Posts
Unbelievably fantastic pics!!

Don't know why they look so good (except it is an ELISE after all).

I'm really having trouble deciding on a color!!

Love the RED but really think the Racing Green is just so classic.

Congrats.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts