The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday (the 4th) about 2 PM. Heading out to a friend's house for the day. Rather than take the shortest way I took the funnest way. Not too many twisties around here you know. Coming around a gentle left hand curve arouind 40 MPH when a guy in a PU truck pulling a boat starts turning across the road into the boat launch area on the right side of the road. I slam on the brakes and steer as far right as I can without hitting a car in the parking lot. He slams his brakes on too. We come to a stop and the driver's side front of his vehicle is aimed at about a 45 degree angle to me and he's so close I could reach out and touch it!:crazyeyes I pull forward, look up to him and say "That was close!" He never even looked at me - just stared straight ahead. I think he was in shock.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
you probably scared the **** outa him and he will never drive that truck again...nice going :D

btw...glad your safe and nothing happend to the car

·
Registered
5,409 Posts
Some folks don't know what to say to rich people like you driving exotic cars costing hundreds of thousands of dollars. :)

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
People are driving like maniacs these days...everyone seems REALLY pissed off. :crazyeyes

And walking?

Drivers don't give a sh*t about pedestrians....

especially me, when I'm walking to lunch. :eek:

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
People are driving like maniacs these days...everyone seems REALLY pissed off. :crazyeyes

And walking?

Drivers don't give a sh*t about pedestrians....

especially me, when I'm walking to lunch. :eek:
they probably know you...:)
jk

·
Registered
532 Posts
Two day ago - on the start of the 110 from Pasadena ( a surface street turns into the 110) - I turn into my favorite first bend -
thight; no shoulders and not much visibility ahead or on/off ramps :shift:

and I see a 20ish asian girl ON A BICICLE IN the RIGHT LANE! :eek:
She was pedalling furiously! I slow way down and put on my warning flasher for the traffic behind me, and switched to the left lane, passing her.

My offramp was the next one, but I did not see he come up before the light switched!:confused:

Odd.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Glad you are OK. That was a pretty dangerous near miss!

My closest miss was actually a hit. Had a guy back into me in the Kinko's parking lot with a VW (jetta I think). He actually hit me with a loud bang. We got out and, to both our surprise, not a single scratch on either car. It turned out that his bumper was "hollow" at the bottom (essentially, it was like a hanging curtain) and since my car is so low, this part hit my headlight and produced lots of noise but no damage. He enjoyed taking pics of the car with his Iphone once we realized everything was OK. Bet he still tells that story to this day....(hrmm, I just told that story too...)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts