The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Lotus enthusiasts! I am new to this site but I own 3 Vauxhall VX 220 - built by Lotus. I have a Yellow and Black, Silver with Red and Silver with Black.

Photos attached.

Cheers,

Erik
fullsizeoutput_85d.jpeg
IMG_7289.jpg
IMG_7289.jpg
IMG_8003.JPG
fullsizeoutput_85f.jpeg

Attachments

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Haha. I see a Tim Horton's donut store lurking in the background of the final picture. So obviously you are in Canada!

It is interesting to see the triangle theme on the sills and the footrest in the first photo.

·
Wingless Wonder
5,444 Posts
WELCOME! They were building those VX220s in Hethel when we toured the factory in 2002.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Are these based on the S1 or S2 Elise? I assume the S1 as the interior looks to be the S1 style. Very nice examples and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks so much. I believe they are as LOTUS S1 in terms of aluminum tub. But the motor is a GM VAUXHALL 2.2 and the body of course is totally different - I love them and will be adding more to my collection.

·
Wingless Wonder
5,444 Posts
I believe they are as LOTUS S1 in terms of aluminum tub.
If memory serves, the rear engine cradle was unique to the VX220s to accommodate the GM engine. This Wikipedia article states that the chassis was common to the S2 Elise.

Is your turbo fitment the factory fitment with the full suite of upgrades, or aftermarket?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts