The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's finally just about finished. Figured I should post some pics...

The interior is all black Alcantara: sils, dash, console, e-brake, ac surround. I had the work done by Chinook Auto Upholstery in Calgary Alberta (about 15 hours worth of custom work). I'm still debating about my seats... I was thinking about alcantara inserts that match the diamond pattern on my doors but I'm not 100%. My seats had white stitching and changing the stitches to orange would have cost a fortune so I used an orange Jiffy marker. Took me a couple hours, turned out great and it will not come off (I tried scrubbing).

What do you guys think I should do? Keep the seats the way they are or make them the same as the doors? Anybody good with photoshop?

·
Registered
6,037 Posts
Wow.

Just wow.

How much did that set you back?

·
Registered
166 Posts

AMAZING!!!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$1350.00 to have somebody slave away for a few days with a sewing machine, glue and scissors , and about $350 for material. I think it was worth it. I could not stand all the cheap plastic from the factory. Super Charger is my next project.

·
Registered
128 Posts
That is less than I expected. I would pay that much.

ANDY

$1350.00 to have somebody slave away for a few days with a sewing machine, glue and scissors , and about $350 for material. I think it was worth it. I could not stand all the cheap plastic from the factory. Super Charger is my next project.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Nice job...looks awesome! As long the orange ink doesn't come off I'd leave it, it's a nice compliment to the dash.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The orange ink seems to be permanent. I've tried scrubbing it off with soap and water and nothing rubbed into the rag. The weight is probably less than three meals in the gut without using the bathroom... I don't think it's anything to worry about.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
What do you guys think I should do? Keep the seats the way they are or make them the same as the doors? Anybody good with photoshop?
I like them as they are. I think that, at least in the pictures, the orange marker has made them fit quite nicely.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
nice! :up:

·
Registered
6,571 Posts
If you like it, great. I've never been a fan of the color-matched stitching. While I agree the factory plastic is cheap looking, things can look a little too fuzzy.

Don't do the seats. Alcantara is just more syllables for suede.

As with many things, moderation is good, easily overdone.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Very nice! :clap:

After I get my front clam refinished, alcantara console and sills are next.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
Very nice! :clap:

After I get my front clam refinished, alcantara console and sills are next.
when I first read this I thought it said, "After I get my front clam refinished in alcantara..." I need more coffee

I agree it looks really nice. I also think you got a really killer deal at $1700! I bid out some interior work I wanted done and that's a great price.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts