The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was able to justify the purchase of my Black on Black Elise because I took a family member's extra car.

It's a cream colored PT cruiser! It happens to be a GREAT car, the color is killing me. I feel like an old lady when I drive it.

Besides the color it really is a great alternative to an SUV in the snow. Drives nice, same space as an SUV, great gas mileage and cool retro styling...I can't believe Chrysler is discontinuing it.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
LOL! put some wood veneer on the doors and you're set! PT Cruiser = failed attempt to bring back woody wagons (without the wood!) muhahaha

You should get a bumper sticker that says, "I'm not an old lady, this is just my daily driver."

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LOL! put some wood veneer on the doors and you're set! PT Cruiser = failed attempt to bring back woody wagons (without the wood!) muhahaha

You should get a bumper sticker that says, "I'm not an old lady, this is just my daily driver."

wood veneer, thick white wall tires and a couple of surf boards could raise my stock a little.

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
That was YOU??

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A few years ago I had a Black PT cruiser H.O. Turbo. Manual transmission, Mopar exhaust, Chip, boost gauge. THAT was a nice DD. They really are great cars...Chrysler keeps churning out thes small SUVs; Liberty, Compass, Patriot, Nitro-they all look the same. Save the PT cruiser!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
. I feel like an old lady when I drive it.
I have a coworker with that car. He often says the car is for 50+ ladies. I've seen him wear English Driver caps so he is somewhat of an old soul anyway.

This past year another coworker got one as a rental but the interior layout baffled him. As he was driving from the rental place and going through the checkpoint he was staring at the door and couldn't find the controls to roll the window down. The attendant was obviously frustrated and started shouting at him, "it's in the DISH, it's in the DISH!" This was in Chicago and the attendant had a rather strong accent. Eventually piecing together the message was "in the dash" he lowered the window and presented his paper work.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Another upside to that car is invisability. I can speed and do what ever I want and go anywhere in it...Not so with my Garage Queen.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
The bumper sticker on my minivan reads: "My other car is a Lotus."

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The bumper sticker on my minivan reads: "My other car is a Lotus."
Minivan is probably my next purchase. The 2008 Chryslers have a lot of nice features.

Minivan or Exige S?

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I respect your opinions, but dude, that car is extremely outdated now. I'm GLAD Chrysler discontinued it. Way past its time.

It was successful because it was cheap and had a nice visual impact. Now it's just fugly :p

Same thing will happen to the Chrysler 300 because they will never update the appearance.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You mean the PT Looser? That is what one my friends call them anyway.
That's rough stuff!!! It really fills the giant gaping void that the Elise leaves.

I love the Elise and I couldn't own it w/o the PT. WRX wagon would be nice.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
He says he calls them that because in Souther Cali where he lives they are primarily owned and operated by old ladies. I personally rented one when I was last in Cali and it wasn't too bad until I tried to pass someone. I wanted to get out and push, talk about a dog. The interior was comfortable and there was plenty of room for luggage. I would rather have a Mini. They are small but lots of room inside.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
PT Cruiser High Output Turbo GT actually has nice performance for a practical vehicle.

·
Registered
744 Posts
It's not a chick car, it's an old folks car.

Easy to get in and out of, retro styling, and BIG ASS GAGES for weak eyes.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
wood veneer, thick white wall tires and a couple of surf boards could raise my stock a little.
I love old school woody wagons ('tis all about the classics!), but you've gotta have an ocean nearby to avoid
"L'effet poseur" (the poseur effect) hehehe.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love old school woody wagons ('tis all about the classics!), but you've gotta have an ocean nearby to avoid
"L'effet poseur" (the poseur effect) hehehe.
Can't surf in Lake Michigan?

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
You mean the PT Looser? That is what one my friends call them anyway.
Be nice! That's my winter ride. My wife and I traded my other car in for her new car. The PT we kept because it's a great transport vehicle. The thing is heavy so the 150 horses don't move it too well, but it does ok on gas and with good tires it's great in the snow.

I don't know about other areas, but it seems like there is a population of about 5% PTs in this area. This morning as I was going to the bank an PT turned into the road I was on and was followed by a PT and I turned and had another PT behind me. Phew! did you get that? :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts