The Lotus Cars Community banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,907 Posts
Nice to see an 11 year old car go up against a modern car but I find this whole article lacking any credible substance. So much misinformed statements that one doesn't know where to begin. To me it's not a matter about which is better but rather getting your facts straight if you're going to put an article out and so far I see very little of it. :shrug:
I used to have the Automobile app on my phone as it was essentially a free magazine for whenever I was waiting. I deleted it. I'm sure they have to have someone on their staff who knows something, but most of the articles were utter garbage. Between the typos, misinformation, and simply bad writing, I couldn't justify it wasting space on my phone anymore.

·
Registered
237 Posts
To me, the cars are pretty different. I slot the Alfa in between the Elise and Evora. I really like both, but the Elise is much better to drive around. The Alfa is annoying around town unless you put it in all weather mode, it constantly wants to downshift hard and spool the turbo when you just want to get to the next light, its like a child. I did very much enjoy hammering it down PCH in manual mode though, if you keep it in the power and shift manually, its not constantly trying to kill you as the turbo kicks in.

They are both cool, fun cars but I believe generally appeal to two different people.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Bravo! for your daughter!

Both great cars for different reasons. I just thought it was cool that there's an Elise out there being driven by a gal who has her own car blog! There's not enough women who take an interest in our passion for these cars IMHO (not that I mind hanging out with all you lovely blokes at the track and C&C).

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
I love the 4c but have 2 major issues. I don't want that transmission and it is fiat powered.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts