The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday was an awesome day. I won't bore anyone with the story or my driving impressions of the beautiful beast, but here are some pics that Rijk took :)

I spent at least 40-45 minutes total driving the car. It was wonderful; best car I've ever driven. Yes, better than the Gallardo. In some ways it is very similar to an Elise, but in many ways it isn't. All I know is this is the car I want to own and today I begin working toward that dream. :)

Thanks so much to Rijk and his beautiful family for letting me share in his joy of this machine.

I can share driving impressions if anyone is curious.

BTW, the pic of me looking sweaty and fat in the Spyker...I just had like three cheeseburgers and two hotdogs and it was 100 degrees and humid. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Very nice. That's one car I've never even seen on the road; let alone driven.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
looks smaller than i'd expected.

Thats a good thing. :D

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There's only a couple hundred of them. Very, very rare. They can be had for great prices...around $160-180k used. I thought it was funny at the show when someone asked me what kind of car it was, and then asked "Who makes that?" :D

So my driving impressions, since no one asked :(: The car is different. It takes getting used to. There's no hand brake, no power brakes, and the shift-action takes some muscle, but once you get it, you can shift very quickly.

The engine...is the best part of this car. It is very torquey and powerful. I spun the tires in first gear and wasn't even full throttle. The power is incredible. The sound was wonderful and very loud with the bypass valve open...NASCAR LOUD!! :D Imagine an Elise with a stage-II exhaust. But no drone at all.

The acceleration was strong. It wasn't mind-blowing, but very strong in every gear. Even at 2k RPM there was still grunt :) We were passing a few slower cars and Rijk took off in his Ferrari, so I downshifted to 2nd gear and wound out 3rd. It was some thrill with that motor screaming behind me.

The steering was perfect. It communicated as well as my Elise. You definitely want to keep both hands on the wheel at all times.

The handling was sound. It wasn't as glued and planted as my Elise, but I didn't push it TOO hard around the corners anyways, not wanting my bravado to write a check my talent couldn't cash... After all, the car doesn't have power brakes!!! :) (which take some getting used to)

The cockpit was beautiful and perfectly comfortable. No discomfort at all. The AC worked well and that engine was so beautiful sounding that I wouldn't have even WANTED a radio (though it's an option on the newer cars). All the switches were nicely laid out.

It felt like a big Elise. I still feel the thrill from that experience.... I recommend anyone who is interested to drive one. You may like it.

·
Registered
431 Posts
One thing is for sure...This is a special car. A very special car.
Maybe with the help of Lotus, Spyker will be even more special.

Drove my friends about a year ago and although I did love the interior combo and the size, somehow it just didn't do it for me :shrug: Oh yeah, one thing I did enjoy was the sound :drool:

I'll dig up where I found it but, Lotus and Spyker has already started their first project.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Maybe with the help of Lotus, Spyker will be even more special.

Drove my friends about a year ago and although I did love the interior combo and the size, somehow it just didn't do it for me :shrug: Oh yeah, one thing I did love was the sound :drool:

I'll dig up where I found it but, Lotus and Spyker has already started their first project.

Yep. I read about that :)

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
spykers are damn sexy!!! maybe one day i can have the joy of driving one let alone own one LOL

thanx for sharing...btw who's 430spider is that? its also quite sexy LOL

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Its funny you compared it to the Elise's handling because TopGear said it dosn't handle well at all, from what I remember.

Well...it doesn't handle nearly as well as the Elise. The ones on Top Gear had a different handling issue that has since been resolved :)

It just feels like a big Elise. Nothing to save you if you lose it. Everything is in your hands.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
What's it like with the top up?

·
Registered
1,478 Posts
In the pics AgentTripleX posted, that car seems to have a handbrake. Is that a difference in model years?

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
BM please tell me you have a few more pics?

·
Registered
162 Posts
We strapped in BM so tight in the four point seat belts that he could not see the handbrake on the other side of the console.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts