The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Looks good. When I was contemplating on installing my Defis, I couldnt find an area that would be quickly viewable at a glance. Ended up selling them in efforts to go with an AIM Pista unit.

Are you using a 52 or 60mm version in the vent? Did you just trim the vent to house it in place snug?

·
Such Administrating
6,798 Posts
I thought about putting gauges there, but I like the little cubby space.

Are those apple headphones beside the a/c panel?!?
Haha, I keep mine right there too.

·
Registered
184 Posts
alglez I like those gauges but I wonder how easy they are to see in that location. can you answer that for me? Did you just install them or have you had time to drive around with them for a bit to get a good feel for their location?

Also, how easy are they to wire in to your car?

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks good. When I was contemplating on installing my Defis, I couldnt find an area that would be quickly viewable at a glance. Ended up selling them in efforts to go with an AIM Pista unit.

Are you using a 52 or 60mm version in the vent? Did you just trim the vent to house it in place snug?

The one in the vent is a 60mm. I took the vent out and put a little black tape around the gauge and It fits tight.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
alglez I like those gauges but I wonder how easy they are to see in that location. can you answer that for me? Did you just install them or have you had time to drive around with them for a bit to get a good feel for their location?

Also, how easy are they to wire in to your car?
I can see them real good, they are slightly facing towards me. Thats why I like defi easy to read and bright enough to be visible with out bothering you with excessive light.

As for wiring is not that hard just run the power, ingnition (you can connect them in stereo harness) and the cable that send the info to the gauges through the center console. As for installation a friend of mine did the custom gauge pod mount with fiber glass cover with black suede. It fits really tight that I don't need to screw it or make hole in the aluminum. I tracked the car and it didn't even move.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts