The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The aft edge of my driver's door is hitting the body of the car now. It just started happening.

Is there an easy way to adjust the aft gap in the door?

·
Registered
259 Posts
The aft edge of my driver's door is hitting the body of the car now. It just started happening.

Is there an easy way to adjust the aft gap in the door?

I had this happen on my passenger door. I corrected it by moving the door forward in the opening. You have to loosen the four bolts that hold the hinge to the body. I got at them from inside the wheel well. I had to support the door, avoid disturbing the shims and iterate several times to get it right. It's not difficult, just time consuming.

2006 Elise Sport #46 of 50

·
Premium Member
11,302 Posts
Pretty sure this has been covered already, altho you didn't mention which car you have.

Did you try a search? Google is good.

MARK the position of anything, such as a hinge, that you move, so you have a baseline.

On Elises, there is sometimes a bolt where factory manual says there shouldn't be. Has the clam ever been removed?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry about posting without an extensive search :(

I have a 2007 Elise...

Thanks for the suggestion on marking everything... Does anyone else have another idea to fix the door gap?

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
Sorry about posting without an extensive search :(

I have a 2007 Elise...

Thanks for the suggestion on marking everything... Does anyone else have another idea to fix the door gap?
Steps for adjusting the Elise door hinge on this thread If that's not enough, you need to adjust your clam, which you can find in these instructions at this link..

Hopefully the door hinge adjustments are similar on the Evora.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts