The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a cashiers check for my Elan today. It has been mine for 25 years. A great car and I will miss it, but it is making room for the Elise. KC got a six inch dump of snow last night, so Elan season is over. Hope I don't miss it too much next spring.

Now all I have to do is take delivery on the Elise (January? February?) and sell my DeLorean.

It's a new era!!

·
Registered
94 Posts
sale

congratulations on the sale. the elise will be well worth it. to much snow for me, and thank goodness, it is melting now. let me know when your baby arrives!! scott

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Scott. And speaking of babies, how is yours doing? Is it in hibernation for the winter? Any word on a sibling?

·
Registered
94 Posts
elise

it is tucked in the garage. milege is at 600. i will take it to my warehouse soon and try to get the 1000 mark. no sibling news yet. no word from fox valley or clearwater. proly not until next fall would be my guess. stay warm!! let me know when your car is delivered. scott

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
Mike,
I'm sure you'll enjoy the Elise, but I'm sure you'll miss the Elan!

Looks like FedEx/Passport knew what they were doing... They put the Elan on bottom! :D (bad oil leak joke.... sorry)

Kiyoshi

P.S. I've got the same affliction...

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
True about the oil leak thing, but they did not have anything directly above it and they did have plastic sheeting above my car. Wish I could keep both, but don't have the garage for it.

·
Registered
5,407 Posts
I'm likely to let the white S1.5 go next spring. Finished the restoration of the red S2 this past August. Now, have to make room for the restoration of the Lotus 41 F/B car (in the background of the pix).

Anyway, hope you're enjoying the Elise! I know it puts a grin on my face.

Kiyoshi

·
Registered
727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I actually don't have it yet. It is supposed to be here January or February. But it is winter now here in KC, so not much top down available anyway. I just started advertising my DeLorean. I would like to not have to get an interim car.

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
khamai said:
knew what they were doing... They put the Elan on bottom! :D (bad oil leak joke.... sorry)
You can tell the Elan people... That was the first thing I thought of as I looked at the picture...;)

Too bad you can't keep them all...:(

1 - 12 of 12 Posts