The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I just came back from the Yokohama Tuning Awards in Germany, which take place every year at the TUNING WORLD BODENSEE exhibition, one of the biggest events of the car tuning community here in Europe.

Believe it or not I actually placed second with my Elise in the "private car" category of that competition, even though I didn't even plan to attend the awards and just wanted to enjoy the show. A friend of mine had talked me into displaying my Elise next to his car at the fair and after a sudden radiator leak last week I was happy to even make my way to the show.

Turned out I was the only Lotus guy there among roughly 1000 tuned cars and also the Yokohama judges mentioned they were happy to see an Elise for a change. Anyway it was a cool event in a great scenic landscape at the Bodensee lake. Already the ferry ride and the beautiful roads were worth the trip and the fact I could take home a trophy made it even sweeter. :up:

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
This was the corner we shared with some other guys. Most of them were the typical "bling and shine" tuners though with huge a$$ subwoofers in their trunks and flatscreens in the most unusual places one could think of. The Fast And The Furious German Style, haha ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only days before the event I installed the last few parts, such as HID headlights, a Difflow diffuser and high power (50watts) led backup lights.
After almost 1 year of work in progress on my Elise I'm quite happy with the result now. Most of the mods look quite subtle and don't instantly jump out, but especially the interior and body details add to the overall style and valuable appeal of the Elise. I was just surprised that the Yokohama judges could actually point out most of the mods made on my car. Turned out one of them is living near the Nurburgring racetrack, where he sees lots of Exiges and Elises every day.

..now the only 2 things left on my wishlist are a set of new wheels and a supercharger upgrade. For the charger I'll most likely go with VF, but for the wheels I got no clue yet. Seems like I have to keep lookin around some more.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Wow congrats! Nice story...not sure how many cars in the show have cars with yokos as oems. Did you have yoko's on? Hehe

Btw your elise looks awesome and def deserves a prize!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow congrats! Nice story...not sure how many cars in the show have cars with yokos as oems. Did you have yoko's on? Hehe

Btw your elise looks awesome and def deserves a prize!
Thanks! It might have actually helped that I had brandnew Yokos on, who knows. :rolleyes:

·
shay2nak
25,133 Posts
congrats!

you should see the inside of his car. Awesome elise.

What car beat yours?

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
congrats!

you should see the inside of his car. Awesome elise.

What car beat yours?
Glad you like my mods Shay! I just posted some new pictures of the complete interior here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f259/elise-sc-complete-makeover-197810/index2.html#post3122834

As for the car that won first place, it was an insanely modified Mini Cooper. Turned into a F1 like mono-seater with central steering, ultra widebody and soundsystem to keep a whole football stadium entertained. Impressive work though I have to say.

·
Tire abuser
773 Posts
Glad you like my mods Shay! I just posted some new pictures of the complete interior here: http://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f259/elise-sc-complete-makeover-197810/index2.html#post3122834

As for the car that won first place, it was an insanely modified Mini Cooper. Turned into a F1 like mono-seater with central steering, ultra widebody and soundsystem to keep a whole football stadium entertained. Impressive work though I have to say.
Your car looks awesome! Your mods make it look very slick and modern. Sounds like it would have won if I were judging.... However, that Porsche in the first picture does have a nice hood ornament. She is even very aerodynamic;)

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
That's the widebody monoseater Mini that won first place. The work that must have gone into this car is also considerable, even though the result is way too flamboyant for my taste. I'd like it in matt black with different wheels though. The sidepipes are probably my favorite mod (if they actually work).

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts