The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Scott Graham
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Custom Elise interior

So, I purchased my lotus about a month ago, and I never liked the plastic silver door cards that come with the car from the factory. I've always loved the look of the alcantara door panels of the new exige's.

before:

After:

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Can you resize the pics? I have a 26" screen and they are still WAY too big to even figure out what the pic is!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Looks great

·
Scott Graham
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I actually had some "fat mat" sound deadening installed below the seats, behind the seats, inside the doors, under the carpets, etc.

then I also had the rear of the car carpeted. (below and behind the seats)

then adding the fabric to the doors also reduced road noise. I can now hold a good conversation without shouting in the car. It's night and day difference. I'm not going to track the car, so I figured It wouldn't matter with the extra weight.

I ended up adding 25lbs to the car after all the modifications, but it's well worth it. It now sounds more like my Audi inside. no more road and wind noise filling the cabin. bumps in the road also dont sound so vicious anymore. :clap:

It's turned my elise into something truly enjoyable on the street. All i can really hear now is the faint sound of the engine, and the whine of the supercharger. :evil:

I can listen to music on volume level 2 and actually hear it! :bow:

Do you find the material quietens the cab a bit?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts