The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Option to buy it back right now... The Front Clam and Support are damaged, steering rack and front wheel is bent, and the side sill had heavy damage. The shop i took it to cut a big part of the side out to see if there was any damage under it. The frame is in perfect shape other wise. Please tell me what you guys think and if its worth it or know someone who will put i new sill in.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
WOW. I would be pissed about that hole in the sill panel. Mine had a little damage there and it was easy to repair while still on the car. I think you'd need to replace the sill panel now.

·
Premium Member
1,433 Posts
You should get close to $30k as that is the going rate for a good one. Hayes frim wirewheel will prob aquire it and rebuild anyway

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
30 Posts
Geezus. What happened to just removing the panel for inspection? These cars are darn near Lego assembly now.

That hole in the side is infuriating. Some kid cut loose with a sawzall on an Elise.....sad.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Geezus. What happened to just removing the panel for inspection? These cars are darn near Lego assembly now.

That hole in the side is infuriating. Some kid cut loose with a sawzall on an Elise.....sad.
You can't "just remove" that panel - it's glued on quite permanently. No "Lego assembly" removal or reinstallation is possible.

What they should have done is used a cell phone or inspection camera, leaving the panel to be repaired from the outside.

At any rate if they have the part they cut out and the panel needed to be repaired and repainted anyway, it's not a huge deal as it can be reattached when the other damage is filled and painted. Just kind of stupid.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.