The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I gave into temptation and bought the Katana kit from S111. Jay came over on Saturday and installed it for me. This was his 7th install and he's like a machine. He's got it down and never had to reference the instructions. If you get a kit, call Jay. Even if you want to do this yourself, it's worth the time savings and experience that Jay offers. Jay does installs in Houston and Austin and who knows, he might be up for San Antonio too.

Charlie's ECU tuning is top notch. From better idle, to the variable cam change, to overall smoothness.

3rd gear is now like 1st gear before the S/C. No longer have to wind up the motor. Torque. Torque. Torque!

Here's a few action photos...

I also pulled the seats and added Air2Gel foam padding to their shells and reattached the cushions. That's why you see the seat behind me in the pic above.

I've ordered catch cans for blow buy and will get those installed as soon as they come. I had blow buy on the stock set up and it'll be worse now.

This is why Jay and I missed the monthly LOST meeting. I think you can say that we had a good excuse.

Oh, one last thing for Al B. It was HOT Saturday.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Congrats....Jay knows his stuff!

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
So did you get your seats finished? Might have to try them out on Wed.

Matt, you gonna show up this time? :D

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Did get my seats finished. They aren't a substitute for the ProBax seats, but for 75 bucks in materials and a couple of hours of time, they're a nice improvement. There are two recessed "valleys" in the shell at the bottom close to the front and I filled those in with padding before I put the main padding down. At certain angles, you can see the white padding, so I need to find a leather shop so I can buy a small section that matches to fill in the gap.

Know of any leather shops?

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I really don't need to hear about you filling your valleys in... :crazyeyes

Sorry, can't help on the leather side either. Never had to deal with upholstry here in Houston. I know a good shop in Dallas if you want to get your sofa redone though!

·
Registered
566 Posts

I work too late to make it out to toad...have to catch up with you on the weekends so you can check out the exhaust....also I'm hoping to hear from charlie soon to get that intercooler....I know that will be of some interest to you.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I work too late to make it out to toad...have to catch up with you on the weekends so you can check out the exhaust....also I'm hoping to hear from charlie soon to get that intercooler....I know that will be of some interest to you.
I'm normally there from 5PM till 10 or 11. How late you work? :)

Yup, want to see that IC setup when it comes to market. Need to see that rear diffuser too.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts