The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry - not in any dramatic, picture worthy way. Just been a horrible day and I think if I wasn't about to walk to my car to drive home I'd just slit my wrists right here at my desk.

That's all - really needed something to go right today and I know everything will be just better as soon as I hit the second cam in 2nd gear as I leave Boulder today.

Stupid post over...

·
Registered
103 Posts
These days are rearing their ugly heads more and more lately. I am just worried about all of us when the first snowflake falls... My winter vehicle is not quite the same.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Hopefully tomorrow is a better day. I'm going to be in Boulder for work the week of 10/15. My company's located on Pearl. Would be nice to meet some local Lotus people if possible.

·
Registered
796 Posts
life can always get worse.

make the best with each day you can.

given each day is a random sequence of events, your chance of having a better day tomorrow is greatly increased.

best wishes towards a good weekend Ross.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Look at the peaks, look at the peaks.

·
Registered
170 Posts

·
shay2nak
24,979 Posts
russell peters is the sh*t.

yeah i've had lots of those days too. Life is just full of so much bullsh*t. I just wish i was a kid again.

·
Registered
3,092 Posts
I was telling my boss just the other day...

"It used to be good going home but now (with the Elise) it is even good coming into work".

I think he sensed that I didn't like my job.:p

·
Registered
572 Posts
Hey Ross, HPR is only an hour away. Let me know if you want to sneak in tonight and do some night racing :evil:. Next weekend is the LoCo driving tour to Steamboat and Wyoming, let me know if you want to crash at our condo, Lotus Colorado Home

·
Premium Member
5,193 Posts
Hang in there buddy! About 8 years ago I was hit my on my Harley. They brought me back twice. I just went through surgery numbers 19 and 20 a few months ago. Anymore I TRY to take the attitude that I should be rotting on the other side of the ground right now. Its hard sometimes, but then I get in the Elise and the world is ok again. Thank God we have our fantastic cars to climb in and wash our worries away!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Saturday nav rally, Sunday autocross
Then two weeks and the exige is put away and the Fit comes out. Ever since I bought the car winter have seemed much longer. So much for global warming.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Gamera The Atomic Turtle
3,349 Posts
The Fit is an awesome car . I'm trying to hold out thru thanksgiving before i put the Elise into winter mode, and am relegated to the truck. The truck still gets worse mileage than the Elise, even with the REV400 installed!

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Absolute power does what?
3,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks guys - sorry for the sorta douchey "oh poor me" post, it was just a really really sh!tty day. Fortunately as all have said it was just a day and I was totally right - hitting the 2nd cam on my way home gave me the same grin it always does.

And to be clear I would have only posted this here as I know you all guys know exactly what I mean.

It could be much worse. As somebody who I look up to said just last week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosscarlson
Anyone else enjoy driving their car today???
Thanks for the smile Doug, I needed that :)

You guys (well most of you) rock. This thread was rather helpful.....

·
Registered
68 Posts
I just picked up my '05 Elise on Tuesday, and I am really looking forward to my first decently long drive with it tonight -it's about an hour on the highway, unfortunately, but there are some interesting on and off ramps! :)

I always look forward to Fridays...but this week more than most, for some reason.

- Paul

1 - 19 of 19 Posts