The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
insert clever title here
7,702 Posts
Worked for me...just returned a directory listing, there's no html page there.

Nice car!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Very nice pictures! I hope they bring a version of the Exige here!They have an SII version of the Exige at Lotus USA it has a full roll cage and fire system, are these standard on the UK Exige?

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
MItch,
It doesn't sound like this new exige will be nearly the performance oriented car of the original exige, seems more like a hardtop elise, unless they go with bigger engine or higher output. etc. I'm not sure they'd sell at the price (60K?).

As I recall the original exige didnt sell all that well?
Chris

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
zvezdah1 said:
MItch,
It doesn't sound like this new exige will be nearly the performance oriented car of the original exige, seems more like a hardtop elise, unless they go with bigger engine or higher output. etc. I'm not sure they'd sell at the price (60K?).

As I recall the original exige didnt sell all that well?
Chris
Chris,

I guess we'll just all have to wait and see what really happens over time. If the price of the new Exige does start in the high 40's and it offers more power than the Elise (why wouldn't it) than they may have a chance on selling a bunch in the US. Only time will tell us this. In the meantime I can't wait to get my hands on my new Elise just like everyone else.

Best Wishes,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
It took Lotus over 2 years to sell 601 Exiges to the rest of the world.

Lotus USA still has the last brand new Exige - it's BRG if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
meat said:
It took Lotus over 2 years to sell 601 Exiges to the rest of the world.

Lotus USA still has the last brand new Exige - it's BRG if anyone is interested.
They still have it?

Last I was at LotusUSA it was still in the showroom looking good. Clyde said two guys were interested in it, I would have thought it had been sold by now. Sweet car!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts