The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the quest of more power for my recently acquired Elise, I decided that a supercharger was my best option. I found an ad in this forum for a used Katana from a Forum Vendor, familiar to most here, Wire Wheels. When I called to inquire, I was informed that it just sold but that they'll have another one available in a few days. The conversation continue; they just purchased an Elise with a Katana supercharger that they were about to put back to stock. Hmmm . . . would you sell me that car with the supercharger? Yes . . . would you take my Elise in trade in? Yes . . . Ok, I'm on my way! LOL Luckily for me they are about 3 hours from me so I drove to the dealer to see if we can worked out a deal. It was long drive and a long shot to trade my Elise for another Elise. Crazy idea but worth a shot.

I arrived to the dealer around noon, with my 2005 Storm Titanium Elise, tittle in one hand and my check book in the other. I was greeted by Hayes (the owner) and was introduced to his 2 sons. Everyone was very friendly and welcoming. We chat a little bit, they showed me the car, a 2006 Chilli Red, 22,000 miles and a tons of performance and cosmetic upgrades; Katana supercharger, headers, performance exhaust, cat delete, dual oil catch cans, Cup air filter, short shifter, Team Dynamics wheels, front and rear spoilers, upgraded Blaupunkt stereo and sub woofer, alcantara interior, all nicely done upgrades that I would have done at some point (budget permitting), it was a dream car in every possible aspect. A short test drive and I was ready to negotiate! But I was not prepared for what was coming next.

Hayes and his son look over my Elise and Hamilton took it for a drive. He came back shortly, Hayes talked to him, went inside and came back with 2 autocheck car reports, one on each car. He went over the reports with me, chat a bit about details of both cars, positives and negatives but very accurate and fair. Then he presented his best offer, he would take my Elise on trade and some money, understanding that I am getting a car one year newer and with about 10,000 miles less, with tons of expensive options including my biggest desire, the Katana supercharger. To my surprise, his offer was totally fair! As good as I was hoping to pay, so fair that I couldn't negotiate (totally out of character for me). Totally shocked, I happily agreed and the deal was done! The friendliest and nicest car transaction I ever done. A little bit later I was on my way home on my dream car!

Hayes, his sons and his mechanic are a class act. While I waited for them to finalize a few things in the car and complete the paperwork, Hamilton took me to their "Race Car" warehouse and gave me a tour of some fascinating machines. Hard to describe and convene how impressive that warehouse is. Actually, the whole business is amazing, beautiful exotic vehicles everywhere you look! Overwhelming, cause you want to take it all in but you can't, you don't even know which car is more exotic, more rare. I have been a motorhead my whole life and there are lots of cars that I never seen or knew existed! Somebody should do an article (or a book) on their operation.

Ok, back to my trade experience; The car I was buying did not had the rear grill (showing the fancy exhaust) but not my style, when I mention it to Hayes, he immediately talked to his mechanic to find one and install it. The car did not had a soft top, but guess what, Hayes agree to let me keep the soft top from my Elise, and any accessory from my car that would like to keep, no issues, no problem. What a gentleman! Did I mention that they have tons of parts, wheels, seats, etc. available and they will accommodate changes to all the cars they sell. When you buy an Elise from them, you can choose a different interior, or a different exhaust, or wheels, air filters, etc. Where else can you buy an Elise and pick different wheels? Or a different interior color? That is some crazy and unique incentive that they offer. Later on, I asked about the keys for my new car, the car came with only one key but they provided a blank key, just because I asked. They changed to oil, inspect the car thoroughly, they answer all my questions and provided some advice and information. He even gave me two cool WireWheel t-shirts, one for the wife! They all treat me like family, from the moment I arrive, I felt welcome and appreciated. I cannot say enough good things about this experience, the professionalism, honesty and friendliness of this team is truly exceptional.

I can wholeheartedly recommend Wirewheel.com without any reservation. They have a great selection of cars at great prices, if you are in the market for a Lotus or other exotic, check their inventory or reach out to them, they sell a lot of cars and their inventory is updated regularly. They are knowledgeable, honest and fair, a rare combination these days, specially in the used car market. Cheers and happy motoring!

·
Acme Super Moderator ** The Enforcer **
7,598 Posts
Closing this as it's identical to the other thread, and there are no replies in this one.

San

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.