The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from 450 miles in my new Elise. Picked it up on Friday, it sat in the garage all Saturday, so today was the first day to put some breakin miles on it.

Headed north from Atlanta, through Dallonega (sp?) and north through Blairsville towards Murphy. It was then that I noticed that my driver's side interior door pull was no longer disengaging the lock mechanism. I could power down the window, reach out, and open the door, but the internal pull did nothing. While checking out the latching mechanism, I managed to close it while the door was open. And it wouldn't reopen. Meaning, I couldn't close the door and I was a couple of hundred miles from home and the dealer. Then I realized that Dan Parker was only about 20 minutes away. After a quick phone call explaining my situation, Dan showed up with some tools. I can't thank him enough for interupting his Sunday afternoon to drive out to me. Within 10 minutes we had the locking mechanism open so that I could once again close the driver's door. Thanks again, Dan.

I drove north through Deal's Gap (never done it in the dark before) and on to I-75. South to Atlanta and I was home by 10 PM.

How can I sum up my first 8 hours and 450 miles in my new car? I love it. I absolutely love it. The way it drives, the way it sounds, the way it looks, even the way it smells. But mostly the way it drives. Pure bliss.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Congrats dude, I'm jealous of you poeple living near the Gap. Cheers.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
rob said:
I was down at LOA on Wednesday. I didn't see your car there, but Chris said he'd been talking to you :)
It actually arrived by truck on Friday morning.

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
MickOpalak said:
It was then that I noticed that my driver's side interior door pull was no longer disengaging the lock mechanism.
Did you manage to get this fixed for good? I had the same problem with my passenger door. The dealer adjusted the mechanism at the first service. Actually the adjustment just consisted of bending the linking rod inside the door!

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: Re: My first day driving the new 'Liz

Tintin said:
Did you manage to get this fixed for good? I had the same problem with my passenger door. The dealer adjusted the mechanism at the first service. Actually the adjustment just consisted of bending the linking rod inside the door!
The linkage had become disconnected from the latching mechanism at the latching mechanism. The dealer just had to reach in their with some tools and reconnect it. The service manager said that he had never seen that happen before.

Also, the fan speed knob fell off because the set screw had backed itself out a bit. The dealer quickly reattached this with an allen wrench.

As of this morning, I've got 521 break in miles. :)

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
shinoo said:

Congrats! Guess this means the ole Miata is in retirement?
I'm holding onto the Miata for raining days and trips to the grocery store. It just gave up it's spot in the garage for a spot against the curb.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
rob said:
Did you know it was coming?
I had a feeling that it would arrive somewhere around Thanksgiving, but I didn't know exactly when.

·
Registered
859 Posts
New Liz

babak said:
Congrats dude, I'm jealous of you poeple living near the Gap. Cheers.
Never mind the Gap.... I'm jealous of Wild Bill's:bow:
MickOpalak, Congrats on your new ride !
All The Best, Don Paul

·
Registered
2,308 Posts
I was glad to help. I was decorating my house for Christmas and was relieved when you called and needed some help! It was the first day with the QS exhaust so I was looking for any excuse to drive! Glad the problem is solved. Im sure there's pics to come but I've got to say that the car looks awesome! Now I want a freakin hardtop!!!

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
James A said:
Great news ****, well worth the wait isn't it?
Absolutely! I love every drive in it.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
congratulations,enjoy it!!!:D :D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts