The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UNREAL DRIVING CAR. NO OTHER SPORTS CAR CAN MATCH IT.

I WAS THINKING OF SELLING IT, BUT NOT ANYMORE. I TURNED DOWN AN OFFER FOR 60k ON SATURDAY.

STORM TI. BLACK TOURING.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PICS TO COME- AS FOR THE CAR. I HAD AN '89 911. THE ROAD FEEL OF THE ELISE IS MUCH BETTER. LOOKS ARE UNREAL. FOREWARD VISSION BETTER THAN 911. AC THAT WORKS- THE STEREO IS GREAT IF I EVER DECIDE TO FIGURE OUT HOW TO US IT. I CAN'T WAIT TO OPEN IT UP.

ONE CONVERTED PORSCHE FREEK.

·
Registered
3,204 Posts
Sounds great! My dealer told me that 15 to 20K over is possible but I told him sorry I'll be takin the car for keeps.... I'm sure people will be making phantom offers of all kinds.

·
Registered
426 Posts
I too, am in 100% agreement with anyone that says that they wouldn't sell the car for 60K. It is beyond my expectations by far. It is remarkable in the driving experience, fit and finish, and overall engineering. My parents have a GT-3 in the garage and my father thinks that the Elise is a much more enjoyable car to drive. I think it is much more fun than 911s as well.

Know how you always read about people saying that it's a fun toy, but you wouldn't want to drive it every day? I think the journalists that say that are way off base, IMHO. When you are not driving it, you're miserable and all you can think about is making an excuse to drive it. You'll go run errands that don't need to be run, go to gas stations when you are 3/4 full, or just drive with no destination. The Lotus winds up being your daily driver because every other car feels like a bloated pig after getting used to the Elise. You're not going to be interested in driving anything else. If you are driving another car, all you can think about is how numb and sloppy, and lacking in agility it is.

I can make a prediction for all of you that think you are just going to use it on weekends:

As soon as you walk into your garage to get into your so called "daily driver" to go to work, you'll glance at the elise. Then you'll look at your daily driver with its week long (or month(s) long) coat of dust, go back inside, get your Lotus keys and leave (taking the longer winding road, of course) while the daily driver gets another days worth of dust on it. I've been spoiled by some of the world's best cars, but the Elise is really that good.

·
Registered
818 Posts
hell for 60 i would sell and buy another. even if you paid over msrp a little you would be out ahead. but then again i have been waiting a long time already.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Who the hell would pay $60k for an elise? I have some ocean front propery here in PA that I could sell them. :)

Glad you guys are enjoying the car! I agree that journalist suck when it comes to "daily driver". One lady on autoweek bitched about the new miata turbo and how it made her fat legs bounce while she drove. :eek: Probably have to butter her up to get her into the Elise. :D

·
Registered
7,610 Posts
msp282 said:
Who the hell would pay $60k for an elise? I have some ocean front propery here in PA that I could sell them. :):D
I guess someone affluent person who's having a tough time deciding between a Porsche GT3 and an Elise would probably fork over $60K figuring he's still saving $40 grand over the GT3.

That being said, I'd sell my car for a $20 grand profit and pick up a nice chrome orange one next year. :)

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
First, I was also offered 60K for mine, the 2nd day. It would take well into 6 figures to pry mine away. And then I'd be miserable.

Joetz-I am with you all the way. Driving my other cars is painful now. And I run errands like mad, too. Mine is a daily driver to and from work, and I love every minute of it. I had knee surgery on Thursday and was driving again Saturday. I couldn't help myself, and the doc said pain would dictate---the pain wasn't THAT bad LOL

:eek:

·
Registered
5,418 Posts
I can tell you right now I would sell it for 20K profit, that's just to much $$$ too pass on. I could wait for another down the road. Sh!t winter is right around the corner anyhow.

·
Registered
6,802 Posts
SO you'd sell the car for a 20k profit and then you'd be logged on back here 15 minutes later wanting Lotus to speed up production because the wait was killing you:D

They'll get my elise when they pry it from my cold dead fingers.
Chris

·
Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So far in three days of ownership my elise has had three washes and 275 miles. Oh, the first wash was at 5:30 am.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts