The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered a splitter for my Elise from ForcedFed a few months ago. The whole process has been insanley frustrating. ForcedFed is totally uncommunicative, and they seem to have no idea what other people in the company are doing. They don't respond to emails and don't call back when they say they will. When you call, you often get put on hold for 10+ minutes, and if you hang up and call back, they answer right away. If good customer service is something you value in your vendors, I would suggest you re-consider purchasing from ForcedFed.

Short story:
I order a splitter, knowing it's out of stock. Two weeks later, they call and say it's in stock. They charge my card. Two weeks later, no splitter. I call, and they say they've never had them, and they have no idea why they would have called, told me otherwise, and charged my card. Weeks later, the splitter arrives but is damaged. They do not dispute the damage and say they will get it fixed for me. It takes multiple calls, emails, and a month of time to try and get a credit worked out, but they never come through with the credit and in the end I have to file a dispute with my CC.

The whole story, as factual as I can present it:

---------------------------------------------

Jan 17: Wrote FF @ [email protected] and asked if the splitter fits an '07. Never got a response.

Jan 26: FF has a winter cleaning sale here on LT, and they have a damaged lip for sale for $175 off. I PM Casey, and ask if it fits an '07. He PMs back that it does, but it's sold. At least I now know they fit '07s.

March 6: I place an order on the FF website for the splitter. I know it's not in stock, but the website doesn't mention this. I get an automated email confirming the order. No mention of backorder here either.

March 25: Someone from FF calls me and says "We are getting splitters in early next week. Do you still want one?" I tell them yes. This is the first contact I have had with them since the order.

March 26: Credit card is charged for the full amount.

April 9: No splitter yet, but shipping should only take 3 days. I call call FF and I am put on hold for 13 minutes. I hang up and call back. Phone is answered immediately. I ask where the splitter is. They rummage around and tell me someone will call me back. Nobody calls back.

April 10: I call back, since they never returned my call. I wait on hold for 8 minutes, then get someone. He passes me to someone else, and they say "I have no idea why you think you should have one. We don't have any in stock and haven't for months. There are multiple people ahead of you in the order queue." When I ask why someone called me, told me they were coming in stock, and then charged my card, he has no idea. His only offer is to refund my card and CANCEL my order, or keep my money and have me wait. No offer to even bump me to the front of the queue even though they have my money. I decide to wait. Throughout the conversation he keeps telling my that the weather affects how fast these can get made, as if they cure them outside in the sun.

April 22: A splitter shows up on my front porch. Yea! Only 28 days after they charged my CC.

April 23: I open the box, and the splitter has damage that will be seen when installed. I call FF and wait on hold for 12 minutes. Dale answers, listens, then asks me to email him pictures at his @modacar.com address. I hang up and send pictures within 10 minutes.

May 1: I write Dale, Casey, and [email protected], asking why a week after I emailed Dale like he asked, why I had received no response.

May 4: Finally a response, 11 days after I sent pictures. Dale offers me $75 to keep it as is, or tells me he can replace it. I email back within 30 minutes and say that $75 is insufficient to cover the damage. Please send a new one.

May 7: No response, so I email everyone again. Again, finally a response, saying Dale has "walked away from his job at FF". They now offer a $125 discount, and specifically ask me to call them and let them know what I want to do. They do not leave a name in the email.

May 12: I call and tell them I'll take the money, but the person doesn't know anything about this, and I have no idea who I have been emailing.They say someone will call me back. Nobody calls back.

May 13: I have no faith that the message got through, so I email as well.
They email back, says that he will get the credit processed on Monday (it's a Wed) since the accounting person is on vacation. He tells me that I should not have expected the person on the phone to know anything, even though I had been specifically asked to call. For the first time, a name is on the email (John).

May 22: Still no credit on my card. It's now been 57 days since my card has been charged. I email, they say that the finance person is still on vacation, but "she might be in today".

May 28: Still no credit on my card. It's been 63 days since I was charged, and 35 days since I first told them it was damaged. I call my CC company and file a dispute for the $125. I mentioned that I would dispute many times in emails, so they knew it was coming.

·
Registered
1,404 Posts
Sometimes a company has good intentions, but their good intentions are fouled up with bad communications, which can happen when a small company grows, but have no process and/or procedure in place to keep everything in line.

I know of a lawyer who started his own law firm. It consisted of him, one partner, and one accountant/secretary. They were like a small family and knew exactly what was going on. Eventually, the firm grew bigger, with a small handful of lawyers, a front receptionist, and two staff members in the business/accounting department.

What ended up happening often, for example, is one lawyer, telling a client he will give a discount. After their session, he gives the accounting department a report of his hours, then they bill the client, with no discount shown on the bill. The client calls the law firm where the receptionist sees it as a billing error who then directs them to the billing department / accounting department / business department who knows nothing about this discount. They tell the client they will get back to the client after talking with the lawyer, but maybe never gets to it, or even forgets they had to talk to the lawyer about it. Eventually, everyone is on the same page, and the error gets fixed, but obviously the client is not a happy camper.

I'd like to think that Forced Fed has good intentions and would not want to burn a bridge in the Lotus community. Somewhere along the way, there seems to have been a lot of miscommunication. In your case, maybe a shipment came in, and it was shipped out the same day. Maybe another guy was on vacation, and he truly believes a shipment has never came in for months. Maybe someone on the team told you they would refund you a certain amount, but it was between you and him. They might or might not have a system where notes can be entered in so that everyone is in the loop who checks the order.

Hopefully, there is someone that oversees everything that will be able to resolve your problem, and hopefully, they improve their process and procedures.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh, one other issue with the whole situation. The guys at the credit card company will think you are some sort of sick/kinky bastard when you tell them you need to dispute a charge from "forcedfed.com" ;)

·
Registered
227 Posts
Oh, one other issue with the whole situation. The guys at the credit card company will think you are some sort of sick/kinky bastard when you tell them you need to dispute a charge from "forcedfed.com" ;)
Thank God I have never had to dispute a charge from one of our suppliers. The company is called Analtech. No joke.

I bet they get some interesting inquiries.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Sucks about your experience with them.

I had a splitter shipped a few years ago and it was damaged in shipping. I was a little worried at first, but it was pretty painless to have them exchange it.

·
Registered
4,452 Posts
i've also had shipping problems.. but not in a bad way.. they've sent two items instead of one.. :) too bad they knew, and I sent them back.. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts