102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
FYI -

The wheels in the corner are actually O.Z. Futuras. I have a laundry list of people who want them and I really should sell them since they are an expensive decoration!! They sure look cool with that Prancing Horse sitting on them. When I get motivated enough to sell them, I probably owe them to a guy named Mark Lewellen from Missouri who has been wanting to buy them off me for about a year now. Sorry Mark, I have been too busy (i.e. lazy) to actually sell them.... ;-)

The Lotus flag was also purchased on Ebay for $10.

The Lotus Chairs were regular camp chairs ($5 each at Big 5 Sports) but I got the patches on Ebay (4 of them, actually) for $4 each and ironed them onto the chair so I have patches on the front and back of the chair. A Lotus Chair that is great for shows, etc. for like $13 each!

Got those posters on Ebay and had them in my office at work. They were $60 each and are on super thick paper (think cardstock thick). Got the frames there too (wholesaleposterframes was the seller - maybe $50 each) and framed them myself. Not bad considering those things are 5' x 3'!!

·
Registered
357 Posts
Very cool.....
But being in Gilroy, does it reek of garlic?

I grew up in Gilroy and at least back then it really did smell like garlic. When gilroy foods was processing the garlic and the wind was blowing north, the whole place smelled. I used to serve beer at the Garlic Festival. I had a one for you/one for me approach, so I don't remember much of those.

Back on point, nice car and nice garage. Gilroy must have changed some, all I remember are the low riders -- not that they weren't pretty nice.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
That is an awesome garage. Sadly, mine is shared with the neighbors, so I don't think we are allowed to decorate the walls...

·
Vendor
6,310 Posts
Very cool.....
But being in Gilroy, does it reek of garlic?
I grew up raising 13, yes 13, different varieties of garlic on the farm... Dad still maintains that tradition... I was also the "smelly kid" in 5th grade... wonder why?:shrug:;)

On Topic: Nice garage, nice car:up:

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I grew up in Gilroy and at least back then it really did smell like garlic. When gilroy foods was processing the garlic and the wind was blowing north, the whole place smelled. I used to serve beer at the Garlic Festival. I had a one for you/one for me approach, so I don't remember much of those.

Back on point, nice car and nice garage. Gilroy must have changed some, all I remember are the low riders -- not that they weren't pretty nice.
That is true about the wind blowing north certain times of year. I live on a farthest northwest group of homes in Gilroy. I can only smell Garlic maybe two or three times a year and those few times are always in the morning.

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Is that real parquet? If it is what kind of finish did you put on top. Very nice!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts