The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got the call today that my Laser Blue hard top (ordered after receipt of my car) has arrived at the dealer. I ordered it on 9/21 and it arrived 11/30. At the time of ordering the dealer stated approx. 3 months to delivery so it was a pleasant surprise to hear it arrived 3 weeks earler than I expected:clap:

I will pick it up tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed that the paint color match is good.

If Lotus can get a hard top painted and delivered in 9 weeks, how come they they are taking so long to get me my Laser Blue Touch-up pen which was ordered around the same time ?
:(

·
Registered
538 Posts
biobaggie said:
I got the call today that my Laser Blue hard top (ordered after receipt of my car) has arrived at the dealer. I ordered it on 9/21 and it arrived 11/30. At the time of ordering the dealer stated approx. 3 months to delivery so it was a pleasant surprise to hear it arrived 3 weeks earler than I expected:clap:
Can you share how much the top cost after the fact? Thanks!

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Re: Re: My hard top has finally arrived

LNZ_YELO said:
Can you share how much the top cost after the fact? Thanks!
The List price is $2,315

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
I recon my "the dealer paints them to match when they arrive" response some time ago was a tad off base.:eek:

Seems that hunting for a used one might be the best approach at that price.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
_JD_ said:
I recon my "the dealer paints them to match when they arrive" response some time ago was a tad off base.:eek:

Seems that hunting for a used one might be the best approach at that price.
I think they are painted at Lotus, since I had to give them my paintcode, and the top came in a large box sealed with "Lotus Approved Parts" tape.

Color match appears very good although I haven't really had a close look in daylight. One small area of 'swirls' visible under fluorescent light. One of the rear retaining brackets was misaligned and needed a safety-torx key to adjust it. Since I didn't have a safety torx, I took it down to my local dealer and they did it on the spot in 2 minutes.

Cost was $2600 painted:eek: Definitely wish I had ordered it with the car

·
Registered
1,633 Posts
At that price...might want to go with the gullwing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts