The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...but it wasn't my birthday! :crazyeyes Seriously, this was weird, I never really pay attention to the head unit because if I'm the only one in the car, I just don't turn the stereo on. Well, I decided to listen to some tunes on a little cruise about two weeks ago and when I turned on the head unit (still sitting in my driveway) I got this weird display with balloons, streamers, confetti and a message popped up saying "Happy Birthday." What the heck? How do I change this? What other weirdo options does this thing have?

I've read through the manual that I was given with the car (Alpine CDA-9857) but didn't see anything about this sort of stuff. I'm gonna read through it again to see if I just missed it, but still. Does anyone have a thread they can point me to or a webpage that would explain this? I searched and didn't find anything worth while.

Thanks.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
...but it wasn't my birthday! :crazyeyes Seriously, this was weird, I never really pay attention to the head unit because if I'm the only one in the car, I just don't turn the stereo on. Well, I decided to listen to some tunes on a little cruise about two weeks ago and when I turned on the head unit (still sitting in my driveway) I got this weird display with balloons, streamers, confetti and a message popped up saying "Happy Birthday." What the heck? How do I change this? What other weirdo options does this thing have?

I've read through the manual that I was given with the car (Alpine CDA-9857) but didn't see anything about this sort of stuff. I'm gonna read through it again to see if I just missed it, but still. Does anyone have a thread they can point me to or a webpage that would explain this? I searched and didn't find anything worth while.

Thanks.
Easter Eggs? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Easter_egg_(virtual)

·
***** lurker
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ah... for crying out loud :wallbang: it says right in the table of contents:

Birthday Opening Message Setting
(Birthday Set)....................................17

move along folks, nothing to see here.
if the mods would see fit to delete this thread, please do.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts