The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK Lets spill the beans

As some of you know I'm a Turbo kind of guy so about 1 year ago I decided to turbo charge my Lotus Elise.
Finally after months of waiting I'm getting my turbo kit delivered by next week
So my Journey starts here

What is waiting on my garage for installation are the following toys:

Zeitronics AFR WB, Boost gauge, EGT, data logger
J&S Safeguard, Closed loop knock sensor and controller. (which by the way I personally meet the business owner and is a great guy for more info check out his post here: J&S Safeguard, Individual Cylinder Knock Control System - Page 4 - Lightning Forum | LightningRodder.com )
Product:
J&S Electronics SafeGuard Indivdual Cylinder Knock Control

Ordered and on their way for delivery:

FF275
Accusump
Craft Square mirrors

Waiting installation:

Exedy STG 1 Clutch
Fidanza Alum Flywheel
Roning Motor Mounts

Already Installed:

ReVerie front Spoiler
Mog Carbon Seats
S111 Seat Belts Brace
Schrot 5 point
S111 RTD brace
Ohlins
Custom Made Light weight Rotors (Cross Drilled and Sloted) and Alum Hats
245/40-R17 rears A048

On all my previous cars I have made all the work and this time it will not be any different, also since I'm a Mechanical Engineer I'm very Analytical about all the details... so this project may take me about 1 month with no particular rush working 1-2hrs every other day.
I like to enjoy the install but not feel like it is a chore

Well Let the Journey begin

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
best of luck with everything involved!

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Welcome to another turbo guy in Socal :) Look forward to seeing the finished work.

·
Registered
2017 Evora 400
5,638 Posts
Are ya gonna rebuild the bottom end? Add intercooling or charge cooling?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok Quick update:

Quaife Helical LSD... DONE (No more wheel spin in tight turns)
Exedy Clutch.. DONE (Engagement is almost like stock but feels better)
Fidanza Flywheel.. DONE (The car accelerates better and picks ups RPMs faster and changes in gears specially down shifting are less abrupt on the car)
ARP clutch Bolts... DONE
US Celica 6th Gear... DONE (BTW it makes crusing in the Highway much nicer and 500rpms lower)
Craft Square Mirrors... DONE

Pending:
Ronin Motormounts
FF275 w/GT28rs
JE forged Pistons
ARP head studs
ARP Manifold Bolts

Accusump
Connect All the electronics and gauges

·
Registered
140 Posts
i tried to do all the work by myself on my g35 but ended up bringing it to Ultimate Z so they could finish the job. Its a ton of work/$ but you'll dominate at the track

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Hhahaa, i'm sure you do miss that boosted power you had in your previous car.

FYI, Zeitronix recently redesigned their EGT sensor so its supposedly lasts a little longer. If you don't have the newly redesigned one and haven't installed the one you have now , you should find out if you can exchange it for the new version.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OK Update and Question

I want to have the exhaust manifold, Hot side of the turbine housing and down pipe (before the CAT) ceramic coated.
Now the question is the type of coating and the temperature range..
I hear from some one that they see 1800F on exhaust temps is this about right?
If so then would this coating work?: (Jethot2000)
JET-HOT Coatings Header Coatings Page

Also if this gets this hot then what type of gasket should I use for these connections?

Please fell free to chime in

·
Registered
648 Posts
I've known many people that have used their coatings and are all happy with it. One issue though is the time it takes some shops to do the job and depends on the prep.

·
Registered
4,743 Posts
Marco, if you can find a place local, better, so if there are some defects on the coating it be easy to send it back and get it back to you as well

or you can always use on of these:
Thermo Tec Exhaust Wrap

keep us posted

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update:
I'm working with the Accusump.. and following the Instructions from Lotus Sport (to install on cup cars)
The main difference if that the Lotus Accusump has and In-line Oil filter to prevent contamination of the Accusump reservoir that could cause the inner gasket to get scuffed or damaged.
Additionally there is a relay circuit to draw power from the Radio harness to power up the system and have it turn on with the ignition key, Vs the forcedfed system has an additional switch to turn on or off manually

Good stuff and for half the price of the Lotus sourced unit

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A quick update...
Life has changed the priorities... I've being bike racing and training allot more so the car is pending to complete.

Finally got the exhaust manifold, turbo housing, down pipe and brakets ceramic coated.. I got a local shop (Embie Performance) in santa ana

Next after reading the full disclosure of the Moroso Oil pan, I decided to have it presure tested for leaks before I will bother install it and as I suspected it was bad and had three (3) leaks i tried to get waranty but since they mention that this is common or possible
please use "sealant" on the welds.... WTF? What type of QC is this.. In any case I got a good fabricator to re-weld those issues

While i was waiting i decided to buy a WB255 fuel pump just in case

I wired the additional power sources and relays for the boost controler and the other electronics

When i get stuck i will post for help
:)

·
Registered
425 Posts
any updates..? how can a company make something and say the flaws are normal.. i wouldn't buy a "it will leak" oilpan for a buck..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts