Well this winter I've done a few cosmetic mods, let me know what you guys think!
Taillights smoked black
- it was more work than it should have been. After cleaning and applying the black shade, it started crackling - same with the clear coat. I had to wet sand and buff everything out and they ended up turning out okay. I can do a write up on how to do all of this properly if somebody is interested in smoking theirs black.
Blacked out the reflectors/3rd brake light
- Got some stickers from Stickercity.com and applied them over my rear grill reflectors and 3rd brake light on top of my rear window. I suggest smoking the reflectors on the grill because they have letters on them that the sticker doesn't fit over exactly properly... and it looks like bubbles up close.
Carbon Fiber'd my gas tank lid
- Got a great little sticker from Chufforia Graffix (sweetdaddyd) and it matches well with my other blacked out parts.
Powdercoated my rims
- Powdercoated my rims gloss black, got all 4 done for $160 and they look great. I also painted my brake calipers black.
Painted my binnacle and rear cup holder
- I painted my binnacle and rear cup holder gloss black and it looks great. I didn't want to go through teh trouble of color matching or getting chrome orange so I just did black since it matches everything. I haven't done the center console yet because I'm getting orange leather from lotus UK for that.
The only mods left I plan on doing are: Powdercoating the diffuser black and using orange door edge guard on the edges. I'm also getting black lotus rear lettering.