The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the call from FVMC that my Lazer Blue Elise is here. Yahooo!!! My only concern is that it has the dk blue leather interior (I wanted black !!).

Have to go meet with my boss right now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
163 Posts
I have a Laser Blue with black (supposed to be anyway) coming in 3 months. I'd be happy to take yours now and give you mine when it arrives.......

Please do hurry with the pics!!!!!

Hmmmm, location is Thousand Oaks, but car is coming from FVMC (in Illinios?). Is the car coming to TO?

If it is, I'm in Simi Valley so if there is any chance of meeting somewhere to see the color in person sometime I'd really appreciate it!

I'd buy dinner, beers, tank of gas, whatever....... :D
(do I sound desperate?)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,430 Posts
biobaggie said:
Just got the call from FVMC that my Lazer Blue Elise is here. Yahooo!!! My only concern is that it has the dk blue leather interior (I wanted black !!).

Have to go meet with my boss right now
Did you order the Star Shield? My car was built with yours but I haven't heard anything yet on my delivery. I know it was shipped and arrived at port on the 31st and that it was at the distribution center on Monday of last week. Since then, nothing.

Congrats
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
Robert,
I should think you'll here later next week, expect the car would be there soon. Congrats to both!
Chris
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,664 Posts
biobaggie said:
Just got the call from FVMC that my Lazer Blue Elise is here. Yahooo!!! My only concern is that it has the dk blue leather interior (I wanted black !!).

Have to go meet with my boss right now
Congrats :)

What number were you? Did they tell you a build date before, or was this call a surprise to you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whew !! Way to much happening in my life for a Friday afternoon.
I wasn't expecting my car to be delivered for a couple more weeks yet, so I was caught by surprise when I picked up my voicemail.

I asked for Starshield but the car was delivered without it. I've asked FVMC to have something similar installed for me - apparently they do it all the time on their Lambo's and Ferrari's so I'm sure they must have a reputable installer. It will add a few day's onto my delivery time, but I guess a couple extra days isn't too much in the grand scheme of things.

Touring Package, no hard top (don't need it in So. Cal.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PICS?!!!!


I asked them to take some pics for me but I was told their photographer with the digital camera was out on vacation so they couldn't get them today. The sales guy I'm dealing with said he would take some for me and get them to me Monday. This must be the first time in my life that I wish the weekend was over already.

I will post them as soon as I get them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,204 Posts
I am so excited for you!
I too will trade my Sept build Laser Blue / blk car for your blue/blue combo. If I knew I could have ordered the car that way I would have, or even with the red int. I plan to do the dashboard, door panels, etc.with laser blue alcantara/ultrasuede....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
420HP said:
I have a Laser Blue with black (supposed to be anyway) coming in 3 months. I'd be happy to take yours now and give you mine when it arrives.......

Please do hurry with the pics!!!!!

Hmmmm, location is Thousand Oaks, but car is coming from FVMC (in Illinios?). Is the car coming to TO?

If it is, I'm in Simi Valley so if there is any chance of meeting somewhere to see the color in person sometime I'd really appreciate it!

I'd buy dinner, beers, tank of gas, whatever....... :D
(do I sound desperate?)
I'm having the car shipped (closed) from Chicago to TO. I'm not sure when it will be but am hoping I'll get it before the end of next week. A lot will depend on how long it takes to get the protective starshield put on and when they can schedule transport. I'm also assuming that the transporter won't do the journey in 1 shot (I don't want them falling asleep at the wheel)

I can definitely meet up with you so you can view the color "in person" - but please white gloves only ;)

Did you also order Lazer Blue ?

Geez I feel like one of my kids 7 days before xmas. Waht a great feeling
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,419 Posts
biobaggie said:
Whew !! Way to much happening in my life for a Friday afternoon.
I wasn't expecting my car to be delivered for a couple more weeks yet, so I was caught by surprise when I picked up my voicemail.

I asked for Starshield but the car was delivered without it. I've asked FVMC to have something similar installed for me - apparently they do it all the time on their Lambo's and Ferrari's so I'm sure they must have a reputable installer. It will add a few day's onto my delivery time, but I guess a couple extra days isn't too much in the grand scheme of things.

Touring Package, no hard top (don't need it in So. Cal.)

Let us know how much the starshield costs you from your dealer install
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
159 Posts
Hey Zoomz!

Nice job on the stripe thread!

How bout interior colors? I have to spec my Liz very soon and I want blue leather interior but can't decide on the exterior color without seeing the blue leather against the 3 available exterior blues.

Is it practical to render?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,430 Posts
It shouldn't be too hard to replace the door panels and seat leather with the black you desire. Check it out with your dealer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
wallabyguy said:
It shouldn't be too hard to replace the door panels and seat leather with the black you desire. Check it out with your dealer.
I had already considered this which is why I am not too worried about the blue interior. I asked the sales guy to check out the interior while it was on the truck. He came back and said it was a very dark blue color. Interestingly he said the door panels were black, and it was just the seat inserts that were blue. I called him on this but he swore the panels were black. I think that he may have been looking at the interior while the car was in a covered truck and hence reduced light. Either way I am not too concerned.

The pictures coming Monday will confirm one way or the other
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
wallabyguy said:
It shouldn't be too hard to replace the door panels and seat leather with the black you desire. Check it out with your dealer.
:D :D My wife muttered something about a midlife crisis, and life insurance !!. My 2 boys however were jumping up and down and can't wait for it to arrive
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,154 Posts
Are you having the car shipped to Silver Star? I would like to add Laser Blue to my list of colors that I've seen in person, so let us know when it arrives there it that's the destination.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got the pics of my Lazer Blue from FVMC. Have to say the color looks darker than I expected almost like Magnetic Bue. Called the dealer to confirm it was actually Lazer Blue and was told that it was. He did say that the photos were not a good representation of the actual color and that the sun was causing problems - too bright.

I will post images later today from home. How do I attach the images ? Do I have to post them somewhere else on the forum first ?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,802 Posts
bio,
When you open up the reply window, typer your message, below you'll see "browse" button with empty box to it's left.

This button browses your computer so you can find the file then you can upload it.
Chris
 
1 - 20 of 80 Posts
Top