The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First really warm day of the year in Seattle,Wa, got the buggy out of the shop and fired it up (first time since October... fired up first try and purred like a kitten!) Thought I should take a few photos with the Lotus.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I ONLY drive it on public roads. I will never take it off-road. As much fun as it would be, I've put too much work into it I'd be worried about hurting it :)

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Nice buggie! A friend of mine had a beat up sand rail and we used to flog that thing through the woods in mass... Pretending we were rally car champs... Fun times, and only a few dead trees

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
I'm bitten by the weird open air car bug. Buying a leyland MIni Moke. Will put pictures up soon

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I'm bitten by the weird open air car bug. Buying a leyland MIni Moke. Will put pictures up soon
First time I saw one it was bicycle locked around the roll-bar to a street sign in the Caribbean. I decided then the that would be the first car I would buy if I win the Loto.

Post the pictures and have a great time!

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
First time I saw one it was bicycle locked around the roll-bar to a street sign in the Caribbean. I decided then the that would be the first car I would buy if I win the Loto.

Post the pictures and have a great time!
There really aren't many in the US at all. I met a guy at a Microcar Show in Chicago and turns out the guy lives about a 1/2 mile from me and wants to sell.

His is kind of 'rat moke' - not all restored, but original and full of character - rust and pitting here and there and real surf/goofy stickers from Australia!

It's a '74 Leyland that has been converted to LHD. Should pick it up from him in a couple of weeks or so.

It will be a fun project for me. Not going to go as far as to body off/fix/fill/respray, but I will clean it up, put the side window wings/mirrors on and clean it up and tweak here and there. It's not a concours car and it's not a project pig - it's somewhere in between and it runs!

Here's a pic. He's done some other stuff since - better wheels/new tires/etc:

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
something funky - picture won't post - gets hung up on 'uploading file: please wait'

1 - 9 of 9 Posts