The Lotus Cars Community banner
  • Hi there! Why not register as a user to enjoy all of the benefits of the site? You may register here. When you register, please pick a username that is non-commercial. If you use a name that appears on any search engine commercially, you must pick another name, whether it applies to you or not. Commercial usernames are for supporting vendor use only. If you want to become a supporting vendor and grow your business, please follow this link. Thanks!
41 - 60 of 72 Posts
Welp. Got the parts in from GRP over the last two days, so I’ll be going to Home Depot when my daughter’s off of school to buy some spring clamps to install the front splitter. (Side skirts and difflow rear diffuser not shown).
Make sure you have a heat gun on hand, heat makes lining up all those plastic pieces much easier.

Discussion starter · #44 ·
Make sure you have a heat gun on hand, heat makes lining up all those plastic pieces much easier.
What plastic parts are you referring to? The splitter is carbon and the clam is fiberglass, so I figured I’d ask.

For what it’s worth, it lined up perfectly and is already installed. Along with the side skirts and rear diffuser. I guess I’m just asking for my own knowledge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What plastic parts are you referring to? The splitter is carbon and the clam is fiberglass, so I figured I’d ask.

For what it’s worth, it lined up perfectly and is already installed. Along with the side skirts and rear diffuser. I guess I’m just asking for my own knowledge.
Ahh my mistake I didn't look close enough at the splitter. From affair looked like ABD or poly. Glad to hear they fit up perfectly though! Aftermarket carbon bits can be a bit finicky sometimes haha

Looking good! Be sure to use large washers for the splitter bolts. I used (6) bolts but others have used more... Also, don't forget the (3) holes for the undertray.

Discussion starter · #48 ·
Looking forward to photos of the parts installed!

I'm about to buy the same front lip and am also interested in the side skirts.
damn didn’t mean to keep you waiting. Everything was installed right before my track day on Saturday the 29th at buttonwillow. Couldn’t be happier with everything, but I think I’ll add a splitter to the front underneath the one I have to address some downforce wants.
Here’s some pictures of everything installed! Hope they inspire you!

this is actually from today (installed an HID kit)

And a very slow fly by running counterclockwise from last week’s track day:

things I’d like to address before the next time I hit the track (which won’t be until at least next quarter):
-suspension
-more downforce via added front splitter or canards. Maybe even a wing 🤷🏽‍♂️
-better brakes. The EBC yellows didn’t give me the bite I remembered them having on my Evo 8. I guess that’s similar to reviews others have written on them, I just wanted to find out on my own I guess hahahah! Might look at the possibility of adding the normal “lotus” two piston calipers to the rear and maybe some 4 pots up front so I can brake later. Way later. Somethings telling me that if I don’t plan on boosting the car- then this might be over kill. So if I think about it really hard, this might just turn into a rotors/brake pad experiment based off of what others have liked. Or maybe I find a smog friendly person and I slap a SC on her 🤷🏽‍♂️.

We’ll see later down the road I guess!

damn didn’t mean to keep you waiting. Everything was installed right before my track day on Saturday the 29th at buttonwillow. Couldn’t be happier with everything, but I think I’ll add a splitter to the front underneath the one I have to address some downforce wants.
Here’s some pictures of everything installed! Hope they inspire you!

this is actually from today (installed an HID kit)
Looks GREAT! What side skirts are those and how was the install?

I'm on the central coast and make it over to buttonwillow every so often so I might see you at a track day in the future.

Discussion starter · #50 · (Edited)
Looks GREAT! What side skirts are those and how was the install?

I'm on the central coast and make it over to buttonwillow every so often so I might see you at a track day in the future.
Thanks! Would be great to see you at a track day but I’m not going for a while cause my schedule’s onky getting crazier.

They’re the GRP “contoured” side skirts and I love them. But If I could do it all over again, I might’ve gone for the race ones that I let my idiot brother talk me out of [emoji23]. The install isn’t difficult but it is time consuming- I’m very comfortable working with metal, drilling and installing riv-nuts. It still took a while because I measured 7284882 times before I made any permanent holes.

Here’s a link to what I purchased:

Discussion starter · #51 ·
Received a baffled oil pan a while back but finally decided to open the box. Waiting until the next oil change to swap this in along with some other goodies on the way.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
So I’ve seen a couple builds have door edge trim added to their front lips, diffusers and side skirts. Anyone have a good vendor for colored ones? I’m looking to maybe adding a bit of flash with yellow to see how it Looks. I doubt it’ll change things dramatically from an aerodynamic perspective.

Thanks in advance LT!

Discussion starter · #53 ·
Received the new to me GARW cluster earlier this week and I had time to slap it on today. Thanks again to @tut4u2 [emoji1687]

Don’t mind the oil pressure and temp, I’m waiting in my sandwich plate before I change the oil and slap on the moroso pan I’ve had laying around for about a month. Super stoked to have this to look at instead of the very plain factory dash. I really wanted the aim unit, but decided it was way too expensive for me. This fit the Bill, and gives me an easy way to monitor oil pressure and temperature.

Received the new to me GARW cluster earlier this week and I had time to slap it on today. Thanks again to @tut4u2 [emoji1687]

Don’t mind the oil pressure and temp, I’m waiting in my sandwich plate before I change the oil and slap on the moroso pan I’ve had laying around for about a month. Super stoked to have this to look at instead of the very plain factory dash. I really wanted the aim unit, but decided it was way too expensive for me. This fit the Bill, and gives me an easy way to monitor oil pressure and temperature.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that "Fuel xx" swapped. Alec hasn't replied with a fix yet - it's been over a year.

My Oil Temp also says 118 degrees when the car has been cold/sitting for a while. We're using the same scaling (y)

Discussion starter · #56 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one with that "Fuel xx" swapped. Alec hasn't replied with a fix yet - it's been over a year.

My Oil Temp also says 118 degrees when the car has been cold/sitting for a while. We're using the same scaling (y)
Well I hope connecting the wiring for the oil temp fixes things hahahah or is the setting 118 at the lowest vice zeros? Interested to know now that I’m in the garw rabbit hole.

Discussion starter · #57 ·
Finally found some time to install some parts that have been laying around. Took the time to route the loom for the oil pressure and temp sensors to the back of the car after installing the moroso Baffled oil pan. Installed the gloshift sandwich plate and blocked off the two ports I wasn’t using, and used thread sealant throughout the moroso pan. Now the wait time begins. Permatex packaging states 24 hours dwell time after the final torque, and I’m not interested in jumping the gun and doing it prematurely- would be a waste of my time and 6 quarts of new Motul [emoji23]. Everything’s back together rob the interior, all that’s left is to fill it, run the engine to temp, check for leaks and get the bottom engine cover and diffuser back on before she gets back on the road.

Discussion starter · #58 ·
With the crazy prices these are going for, am I insane for considering selling this thing?! Someone talk me off the ledge…….. or make me an offer I can’t walk away from hahahaha [emoji23]

The 118F is the lowest value it will register given the resistance value from the sensor and how the gauge interprets the OHMs; you're stuck with it.

Prices are insane, but before you sell consider the replacement cost for another car if you're going to get something else. I'm struggling with a similar conundrum, but track consumables for any replacement will be significantly more than this car so its kind of a wash.

Discussion starter · #60 · (Edited)
The 118F is the lowest value it will register given the resistance value from the sensor and how the gauge interprets the OHMs; you're stuck with it.

Prices are insane, but before you sell consider the replacement cost for another car if you're going to get something else. I'm struggling with a similar conundrum, but track consumables for any replacement will be significantly more than this car so its kind of a wash.

I agree whole heartedly, but don’t want to “miss the train”. having a fun, more adult grand tourer would also suit me, and would be more justifiable with where I am currently in my life. Really have to do some soul-searching to see what makes sense and if I can live without the lotus.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.